FUCK 9 to 5's

ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I HATE 9 to 5 JOBS. A LOT. I know some of you are gonna say WHO DOESN'T...DAMN. I don't get paid shit. Worked in the sun all day when I am not intended for that work...with no water available to me, hungry, sweaty, back hurting, tired. Shit would be cool if it was cold out but NOPE. FUCK REGULAR JOBS. Anybody else feeling this way RIGHT NOW?

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    care to share whats your profession ?

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    FURNITURE REFINISHER how far is that from sweeping. Sweeped all day in the hot ass sun.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    that sucks.

but still...

maybe one day you get to shove that broom up your boss's buttock and leave with no shame, just imagine how great that'll feel (no ayo) and it shall get you thru the day.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

FURNITURE REFINISHER how far is that from sweeping. Sweeped all day in the hot ass sun.

Have you considered just getting a new job?

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    yea i think you should too.

WORD WORD WORD WORD WORD WORD WORD WORD WORD WORD

• Mel_GibsonMel_Gibson 664 Posts
    Whatever doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger...right?

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    if you've made up your mind, then congrats!

on both your new job hunting, and you get the chance to say "fuck you i quit!" to your boss with no shame and regret!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Whatever doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger...right?

Only in real life/death situations... and I think there's not too many on this board who can attest to that TRULY. Can you?

• Mel_GibsonMel_Gibson 664 Posts
    Can you?
    Nope. I live in a dreamworld.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    yes. i dont favor 9-5 jobs either. peace, stein. . .

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    i'm stuck at my 9-5 right now..."can't stop, won't stop"

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    no popeyes tonite stein ?

popeyes night was last night. nothing new to report on the popeyes tip. same fantastic food. peace, stein. . .

What's a good profession? Something good with good pay that moves quick. Also how can I become a wood tech teacher. Wondering?

truck driver is the BEST profession in the united states. peace, stein. . .

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    you want a good profession? big money and big moves ?

be a town planner son!

right sno? ;]

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    truck driver is the BEST profession in the united states. peace, stein. . .

TRUCK DRIVER/METH CONNOISSEUR is more like it.

also air traffic controller is a good job. long shoreman too but thats a tough gig to pull. peace, stein. . .

How does one become a town planner? But in order to plan towns there has to be places where towns need planning. Shits are far, hot and in the desert.

Land surveying has kinda been running in the family as of late. Dad and brother both Land Surveyors. Unions make money growth a guarantee. Within 2 or 3 years I could be a

Land surveying
    what are you waiting for dude? peace, stein. . .

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    excatly! you got the hook ups there..

Ya I guess. I am just kinda lazy. I want to get fat at a stay home sit down in air conditioning job. Web developing is what I want to do. Start up on Dreamweaver and move on up.

How does one become a town planner? But in order to plan towns there has to be places where towns need planning. Shits are far, hot and in the desert.

They don't literally plan a town from scratch. They help with long term growth plans, infrastructure, accomodation of new developments, etc. It could be as boring as analyzing sidewalk flows.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    I'm stuck in a 9-5.30 & I hate it.
    I'm not for being lazy but we have a twisted work ethic.
    We are not meant to work as much as we do, our relaxing time should be as much or more than our work time. If you look at early man or those remote tribes that have barely been touched by the modern world they spent most their time chilling the fuck out, alright so every now and then you have to work real hard in short bursts for example to catch & kill dinner but the rest of the time it's kickin back with the folks.
    We spend our whole time making money for our bosses & then spending our wages on consumer bullshit getting more in debt & making more money for others.. whilst having barely anytime for ourselves & the important things in life.. I'm not saying anything new I know it just irritates me how our society is so pro work but recreational time is almost a guilty indulgence.

I need a holiday.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Work for yourself. Then you will work hard 15 hours a day, and it will be more gratifying than the 8 hours you spent half-assing at your last job.

I'm all for hard work, but do it for yourself and pay yourself rather than your boss...

• 9 to 5s are felt hardest when your boss is a mangy twisted fuck who likes to play you....