USB Turntables 4 sale @ Aldi supermarkets

LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
A heads up to all Aussie diggers- Aldi will be selling some USB Turntables (Fission) for $79 from this Thursday. Only thing is I aint too sure about this brand, cus like all things Aldi its always some brand no ones ever heard off (that said I have bought hardware from them b4 and the shit was decent quality for the cheap price).here's the link USB Turnys To the rest of the SS head.... Who has a USB TT? Is there anything I should look for/beware off/avoid with them? Has anyone ever heard of the Fission brand? I've been thinking of getting one for ages just to record mp3 easily, Im hoping the ones at Aldi have cartridges you can replace cus the ones in the pic loook like those f*cking plastic drastic record cutter ones my mums old tunrtable used to have....Do you think the fact that a discount supermarket if selling turntables is either or ?

Comments

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i work in a dj store, and IMO, all of these usb TT's are garbage. Sound wise and quality wise.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    i work in a dj store, and IMO, all of these usb TT's are garbage. Sound wise and quality wise.

Are there any decent USB TT you'd recommend at all?

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    the only name brand ones i havent heard any reports about are the sony ones. i just think they sound pretty horrible in general.

• Track down a GP3 instead - you won't regret it.

• By looking at that beast I know it will be eating my lp's for breakfast. I'd try and get one of those converter boxes you can attach the phono leads from your regular turntable and plug it directly into your laptop/pc, I'm not sure on the brands as I haven't been looking in a while but you can get some which will be far better than any USB turntable out there.... probably