Looking for interviews with album cover designers

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
After that thread where people were making their own mock album covers, and the current one that requests covers that show nothing but a face, it made me think of album cover design. I'm not a designer but obviously design was perhaps the first thing I noticed upon looking at an album, be it the font, photo placement, logos, or the lady on the cover.I have a few books on my Amazon want list from people involved in making album covers, and for whatever reason I was doing a search on something else and it lead me to interviews with the following:John Berg (among many things, he helped create the logo for Chicago)S. Neil Fujita (like Berg, Fujita worked for Columbia but many know him for creating the logo for "The Godfather" book that was adapted for the film, and of course parodied by countless hip-hop artists over the years)I have yet to find any information or interviews with Haig Adishian, the man behind countless albums for Atlantic Records in the 60's and 70's.Any help would be appreciated.

Comments