Snoop Dogg doing dubstep.

UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
http://www.poosecret.com/Snoop%20Dogg%20...%20Version_.mp3 I kinda dig this song. You guys think this will push dubstep to the forefront a bit more?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    This is only a little short of horrible.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    No offense, but I'm no clicking on a website called "poo secret".

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Trash.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    I always liked this beat... and I don't mind the raps.

Got the whole world mixin gin and juice together... I donno man. I'll stand alone and say I'd be happy to hear this get mixed into a top 40 hip hop night.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    you should blend this into your own record if you remembered to ship one to yourself

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Im too broke to ship anything right now. Im just trying to eat for these next few weeks until I get into my new apartment. I got you though man...

• CONCEITCONCEIT 145 Posts
    A true hustler always diversifies his bonds.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Im too broke to ship anything right now. Im just trying to eat for these next few weeks until I get into my new apartment. I got you though man...

its ok. dont worry about it. i dont collect records anymore.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I have NO idea what dubstep is. This must be a European thing.

• LOL!

I'm getting flashbacks to when Rawkus was making D&B remixes and that Krs One jungle track. Folls where really believing jungle would blow up...

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    this is pretty bad...the beat by itself is kinda interesting.
    what is it?

wow...this chorus is awful

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

You need to get familiar. Schitt is so serious.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    LOL!

I'm getting flashbacks to when Rawkus was making D&B remixes and that Krs One jungle track. Folls where really believing jungle would blow up...

yeah, there was a time when the majors tried to make it blow up. never happened. drum'n bass is too autonomous. we have a party called "massive tunes" which is running now for 12 years. they love drum n bass over here...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    "Milk the Cow (Advanced)"

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    god this is awful. and i wanted so badly to like this... i'm sure theoretically snoop dogg on top of a dubstep beat could be amazing, but this is straight

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    yeah, the chorus ruins this...

sorry to all the h8rs, but the dubstep=drum n bass pt 2 anaolgy doesn't work...

for one, it's 2009, the world is a smaller place, the internet is connecting shit and a fair amount of producers/mc's are noticing this shit... first that Lil Wayne/Pharrell track, now this...

also, Diplo has recently hopped on board dubstep heavily and is making dubsteppy club tracks... dude recently djed dubstep w/ Lil Jon MCing:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54150138

dubstep is also not as weird as drum n bass... it's not double time, it uses many of the same sound banks as hip hop (w/ more reverb, tho) and alot of it follows standard 16 bar progressions...

i predict ALOT of tracks like this over the next year... don't know if they'll blow up, but people are gonna try...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    number one failure for dubstep is that white girls will not know how to dance to it

the hippy shake...

• yeah, the chorus ruins this...

for one, it's 2009, the world is a smaller place, the internet is connecting shit and a fair amount of producers/mc's are noticing this shit... first that Lil Wayne/Pharrell track, now this...

also, Diplo has recently hopped on board dubstep heavily and is making dubsteppy club tracks... dude recently djed dubstep w/ Lil Jon MCing:

dubstep is also not as weird as drum n bass... it's not double time, it uses many of the same sound banks as hip hop (w/ more reverb, tho) and alot of it follows standard 16 bar progressions...

i predict ALOT of tracks like this over the next year... don't know if they'll blow up, but people are gonna try...

Ha, you said "Diplo".

yeah, the chorus ruins this...

Ha, you said "Diplo".

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    I always liked this beat... and I don't mind the raps.

Got the whole world mixin gin and juice together... I donno man. I'll stand alone and say I'd be happy to hear this get mixed into a top 40 hip hop night.

Nah, I'm witcha. I doubt it'll make it's way to top 40 but I ain't mad at it.

• First he came with the Autotune singing, that caught on. Now this...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    First he came with the Autotune singing, that caught on. Now this...
    uh

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

i do not understand the snoop dogg song but i dig the HELL out of this goofy schitt right here! is there anymore dubstep along the lines of this that you all can point me to?

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    god this is awful. and i wanted so badly to like this... i'm sure theoretically snoop dogg on top of a dubstep beat could be amazing, but this is straight

It would have to be some extra relaxed dubstep to work decent with Snoop. This is menacing wild out music. Mixing it with smooth old man snoop is like oil and water. Diplo has the right idea with the lil jon acapellas. But really, I want to hear more dancehall artists over this stuff.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    LOL!

Define blow up ? Depending on where you lived Jungle was huge and mainstream. Tunes in the uk top 40 in the mid 90's related.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• minneapminneap 541 Posts

It would have to be some extra relaxed dubstep to work decent with Snoop. This is menacing wild out music. Mixing it with smooth old man snoop is like oil and water. Diplo has the right idea with the lil jon acapellas. But really, I want to hear more dancehall artists over this stuff.

Anyone got a link to those Diplo/Lil J mixes?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

i do not understand the snoop dogg song but i dig the HELL out of this goofy schitt right here! is there anymore dubstep along the lines of this that you all can point me to?

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that video is funny!

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    the hippy shake...

Expensivo. Can't believe I didn't buy the 2nd press when I got the chance.