Basement Khemist

ThermosThermos 307 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Just ran across these guys and was wondering if anyone has the back story. I'm not finding any info aside from the fact that their 12s were comped in a whole bunch of places. Probably because they've got that buttery grimey sounds that reminds me of some classic INI. SP1200 compression is a powerful drug. The rhymes are straight ahead, but solid, and they pass the mic enough to keep it interesting.

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

ya ever heard "Correct Technique" ?

that one is ILL!

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    It's on their myspace page. I get the feeling that if these dudes lived in the tri-state area they'd be internationally famous.

• It's on their myspace page. I get the feeling that if these dudes lived in 1996 they'd be have a 12" available for purchase at Fat Beats.

Fixed it for you.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    It's on their myspace page. I get the feeling that if these dudes lived in 1996 they'd be have a 12" available for purchase at Fat Beats.

Fixed it for you.

This is the real. I'm pretty sure I might have bought one of their 12"s from Fat Beats at some point in the '90s!

This smells of "Sandbox Automatic Classique!"

• Spinna/Joc Max production on that Correct Technique joint.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Just for the fusk of it:

• It was spinna's group and yeah "Vibrate" is really good. One of the few beats for mc's where the instrumental can stand alone.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i have a 12 from quite a while ago, and for some reason (i am sure it doesnt name him) i always believed it was a spinna joint, i loved that 12, did they ever do a full length?

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    And are there any other good Joc Max productions out there? To me this group is really about the production. Although the MCs are definitely a proper accompaniment.

• Hey Thermos, this comp has got those basement khemist tracks on it plus much more spinna/joc max niceness like some tracks for i.g. off & hazardous, jigmastas etc