Buena Park Rec Show

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
who's going? it's this coming sunday...

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    dude! i totally forgot. will holler at lunchtime.

oh, and no on the BP show for me.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    no on the BP show for me.

I'm down to hang though. We've gotta finish up that thing we talked about.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    you know you'll catch me at the show slightly sober

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

AYOOOOOOO

AYOOOOOOO

Yaaaaa Know!!! Gotta catch him before he ties the knot.

• can't be there, but i got some friends i want to send your way. lemme know how i can have them find you.

can't be there, but i got some friends i want to send your way. lemme know how i can have them find you.

I'm totally gonna leave this one alone, but MAN...

• can't be there, but i got some friends i want to send your way. lemme know how i can have them find you.

just trying to send dude some bizness holmes.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    can't be there, but i got some friends i want to send your way. lemme know how i can have them find you.

i think dazed was making a jokie... PM me your number daze so i can holler at you when i get there on friday.

FNDead: ill be the white dude with facial hair selling records... honestly i dont know where im setting up at all... oh, tell your dude that i have duraflame boxes that the records are in and that i'll have some paisley sheet thing covering the boxes after i set them up... thats the best i can tell you... thanks for the plug.

i think dazed was making a jokie... PM me your number daze so i can holler at you when i get there on friday.
    my friggin internet humor meter is broken. and i know daze knows how we roll. just want clarity.

FNDead: ill be the white dude with facial hair selling records... honestly i dont know where im setting up at all... oh, tell your dude that i have duraflame boxes that the records are in and that i'll have some paisley sheet thing covering the boxes after i set them up... thats the best i can tell you... thanks for the plug.

word. duraflame. white dude with facial hair is like half the vendors and 99% of the crowd. the other 1% is white dudettes with facial hair. place is painful.

can someone get bag lady's address/digits for me?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i'm planning on going for the first time this sunday. any tips? such as...

what time i need to show up to actually find decent records, aka can i get very tipsy the night before?

which dealers should i seek out for or be wary of?

is there a specific type of music that's good or bad or just it just depend on who and what shows up?

where is a delicious place to eat after building up an appetite sifting thru crates?

is this only a record swap or should i bring my lady and tell her she can find cute antique gifts there as well?

what sun protection factor (spf) should i apply? i am already tan.

mucho thanks
    -mandrew

ive never been there... just wanted to inform the public... this will be the first time im there buying/selling...

hahah Jinx nailed it (noayo) I was just saying that one was too easy like "look for the day/daze clone with the leon spinks smile"

• not a big fan of this show personally, but you can pretty much show up when ever you want. the early admission fee is rarely worth it. skip "the program" and silver haired pny tail dude. also skip surly black dude. head straight for 3 for $10 if he is there. music is random. it is only a record swap. it is indoors.

peace. have fun. the best deal their is sleeves and record jackets.

hahah Jinx nailed it (noayo) I was just saying that one was too easy like "look for the day/daze clone with the leon spinks smile"

wurd. check yer pms re somthing a little bird told me.

• what time i need to show up to actually find decent records, aka can i get very tipsy the night before?
    I do suggest paying the early bird fee if you're a "serious collector" but theres always plenty of records to go around.

watch out for ponytail sandal dude trying to sell quazar for 30.

is there a specific type of music that's good or bad or just it just depend on who and what shows up?
    depends on whos there...usually a nice mix of everything and anything.

where is a delicious place to eat after building up an appetite sifting thru crates?
    I know theres a food place inside the venue but its more of a hamburger joint...ask around I'm sure someone will drop a gem on ya.

is this only a record swap or should i bring my lady and tell her she can find cute antique gifts there as well?
    records and record paraphenilia.

what sun protection factor (spf) should i apply? i am already tan.
    Indoor event, bring the deoderant.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    not a big fan of this show personally, but you can pretty much show up when ever you want. the early admission fee is rarely worth it. skip "the program" and silver haired pny tail dude. also skip surly black dude. head straight for 3 for $10 if he is there. music is random. it is only a record swap. it is indoors.

peace. have fun. the best deal their is sleeves and record jackets.

Surly Black dude is "meh"
    Ponytail dude is "meh"
    3 for $10 is RAW
    Program is worth NOT checking out
    Vague & Jinx is where most of my money is gonna go most likely

look for the skinny dude with bloodshot eyes and be sure to say hello

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Be sure to ask for Kevin...once you meet him ask him to explain to you in great detail "the program"...you'll love it!!

[color:white] don't risk it son!!! [/color]

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts

fatburger around the corner. peace, stein. . .

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Be sure to ask for Kevin...once you meet him ask him to explain to you in great detail "the program"...you'll love it!!

HAHAHA

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    yo, much thanks for the advice. i have no clue what the whole "program" is about, but i'm getting the sense i should avoid it. i'll see you fools there. i'll be the one hoarding all the 's.

• no... i will be the one with all the raers YOU BUTTHOLES... just kidding! look for me in the parking lot. private issue big bird raer and twiddle.

ROCK ON YOU FREAKS.

see you all on sunday!

• raer

how was this?

• vry rear

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Woke up late and broke!

• ths is tha deal. justin and john wyatt and chris came with lotz of rekkida and kids go crazy,. i scene lotz of raerz. i had 3 doller with wyatt and co. sik. these guys know raers. not like som brek kid butthole who haz grover washington or she bop be lu bop butthles. sik collecters have sik cratez. i bought 400 recordz. have a raer. sik show for real. bobby went 5 dolla at 2 pm. it was sik ( cutis mayfiend sweet exorsizt ). rare recoards. see you next time. thank you justin. rock on dude. later days bra.