London meet

skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
So Edith Head (Audrey!) is visiting our fair city from Tuesday April 7th for a short stay. Who's up to meet and greet on the evening of Wednesday 8th April[/b]?City area, somewhere on the map below, few drinks, maybe bar snacks, potential group hug. Any lurking paps to get the A.Cole treatment.Please hit this thread, or on the pm's with yays/nays/bar suggestions.

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Can't make this one but next time I'm down in The Smoke, deffo.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Oh my, could it finally happen? Yep I can make that date and it's the ideal part of London for me as well. As long as Ms Damn is aware that she will be surrounded by men in suits paying over the money for a watered down pint then it's all good.

I must warn you that I'll be notifying adults about this before hand so if I don't return home they'll be going directly to the News Of The World.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Yes! thank you S**** for organizing this. i'm excited becausse i just ordered a sim card for my mobile so i will have a UK phone number for the 3 weeks I'm overseas. i'm looking forward to this trip and i hope the lot of you can make it.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Wow Uk Strut meet up, real world moves, group hugs! Plus a special guest appearance from the legendary Awww Damn.

I'll have to check the diary, phone a friend, and try and make this happen.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    WE CAN DO THIS

b/w
    she will be surrounded by men in suits paying over the money for a watered down pint

Cherokee Club-R

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Sounds cool, would be good to meet up with some UK Strutters!

Not sure if I can mention this but over at VG+ we have a monthly meet in Angel. Would be good to see a few London Strutters turn up.

BUMP

Wednesday week 8th April

Roll call so far: Audrey, my good self, MOke and Senior, Ilmod1 on loan from VG+

Now all we need is a time and a place.

Anyone up for Spitalfields? Is that a bit soul-less?
    The Butcher's Hook in Smithfield? Bit too abattoir-sh?

I'm sorely disconnected on the watering holes front.
    In my day it was the Arbitrage and Annies Bar.

Please come with the suggestions

Many thanks

Duderonomy and Doc coming?

What about Turntablist and Djmario?

WLTM Magsonjazz... raer negotiation-R.

BOSS DIGGA - you missed the Sciascia last night.

All others in the vicinity - make thyself known, plaese to come along

• sorry dude, i cant make it that far on that date, i cant believe a real world strut meet is happening in london tho! next time (if there ever is one) theres a strut meet in london i'll sort myself out and get down there!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I will have just returned from a joyous few days in Spain with madam's parents. (I need a Jospeh Conrad emoticon to really impart the full horror[/b])

Depending on how that goes, I might make it, but if I don't I would be up for future meets - the VG++ posse know how to throw a good nerd-off, and I think one of their things involves bringing records along to play which is a bonus...

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Guys I'm going to be on a pre Utrecht Euro digging trip so can't make this.

Would be cool if some of you guys fancy coming along to a monthly vg+ meet.

OK.

Tomorrow, Wednesday 8th, meet 6.30 - 7.00

Corney and Barrow in Broadgate Circle as a meeting and livener venue

Maybe move on to Spitalfields.....

Senior, MOke, Duderonomy I will pm my mobile number

Anyone else interested, pls to pm by tomorrow 5pm GMT or turn up at the appointed place and hour

See you there

I have 4 hours to kill at CDG because my sister's flight was much earlier. 6 days of sun in Paris followed by 6 days of rain in London. glad I didn't listen to my coworker about purchasing a ticket for the Eye! I'm looking forward to speaking English again tonight.

I have 4 hours to kill at CDG because my sister's flight was much earlier. 6 days of sun in Paris followed by 6 days of rain in London. glad I didn't listen to my coworker about purchasing a ticket for the Eye! I'm looking forward to speaking English again tonight.

6 days?

I booked you in for 4 nights!
    You better holler at me!

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    OK.

Tomorrow, Wednesday 8th, meet 6.30 - 7.00

Corney and Barrow in Broadgate Circle as a meeting and livener venue

Maybe move on to Spitalfields.....

Senior, MOke, Duderonomy I will pm my mobile number

Anyone else interested, pls to pm by tomorrow 5pm GMT or turn up at the appointed place and hour

See you there

You do know that it's champions league night tomorrow right? Aren't the pubs gonna be filled with people checking Chelsea vs Liverpool? May not be the best 1st impression for a visitor haha.

Inbetween convo on the raer and glancing at the big screens for 2 hours - what else could Audrey want?

Ha! No worries, I'm conditioned. My first trip to barcelona, my friend took me to a bar to watch a Madrid v Barcelona match and despite temporary impaired hearing, it was pretty fun and exciting

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It's about 50/50 whether I'm going to make this or not.

Although I'd already booked Thur and Fri off, I've now been told that cause we're short staffed and I have to come in Friday. (and I'm only being given Thursday off as some sort of special favour.) F??ckers.

So at the moment it's not looking too good.

Was really looking forward to spending a long weekend in the LDN, catching up with some old friends, and meeting yous guys. Not sure it's worth the journey just for one day. I may change my mind tomorrow.

Anybody good enough with the interwebs to embed this link here?

http://hangmen13.16ops.com/wp-content/pl...n_comic_med.jpg

I think I will be there Skelari, and apologise in advance if I find my attention wandering to the big screen. Audrey, I suggest you read all 64 pages of the Strut Fantasy Prem League thread as a primer of sorts. Or just drink lots.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

I know a place in Gracechurch Street we can go to for the big screen

So far confirmed: me, Audrey, Duderonomy

MOke on hold. Ilmod is a blow out.

No word from BeatNicholas yet.

Senior is AWOL

Where is all the local bredren?

p.s. don't let pound notes be an issue
    (company credit card-R)

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    sounds good

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    dammnn have a good one, i'll make it next time.

I know I'm not the only Gooner on the Strut... J-Lee! Stand up! Where you at?

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts

I too am a gooner (ok, not an authentic one, I live in Bristol, but still...) what's your prediction for tonight? I'm thinking a nervy 2-1 win...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

BROOKLYN GOONER ALERT! The prawn sandwiches taste better over here

• I know I'm not the only Gooner on the Strut... J-Lee! Stand up! Where you at?

Welsh Gooner here.

I would have stopped by tomorrow if I was about, but I'm not.

I live in Oxford, never even kicked the teeth out of a Spud's mowf - I think/hope it'll be a nervy 1-1 tonight.

Brooklyn Goonerz not making it for a curry? Bah.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Howdy gang. Real World Moves (TM) and a depressingly new anti fun on the internet approach by the IT staff at my work have stopped me getting on here much recently and, shamefully, meant I had forgotten about this meet up tonight.

Cheers Skel for dropping the PMs, can hardly refuse as it's about as convenient as can be and I finally get to go eye to eye with people I've only ever exchanged type with.

Sadly my lack of memory about tonight's festivities meant that I hit the alcohol hard last night while watching the-match-that-will-never-be-talked-about-again so am not feeling the hottest today. Certainly won't stop me drinking but just dropping fair warning that when you see someone walking around in a crumpled suit with the hungover skin pallor of Gordon Brown on a bad day, that'll be me.

Sorry more of you won't make it. Where's the Doc though, despite his scouse roots he's London based is he not?

the-match-that-will-never-be-talked-about-again

Hah! Fat chance. I should've been down the bookies with my 1-1 prediction, and how good did Senna look? It feels like hatt, but would Spain have won the last tournament without their naturalised Brasilian? And what was all the TV talk about Manure nearly snapping him up last year? Wenger was trying to sign the bloke before he was Spanish.

Nice one Senior

Roll call:

Edith Head
    me
    Duderonomy
    Senior
    BeatNicholas

"I'm exciiited, Tom"