WATCHMEN HYPE

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
This review has gotten me even more excited i have my tickets in hand for this friday's premier and will be severly sedated to attend this epic experience in IMAX

Comments

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Yeah man, i heard the reviews for this are mixed but still a must-see for me. Can't wait!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Want to see this but I know I won't have the patience for the nerd crowd this week so probably next week.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Want to see this but I know I won't have the patience for the nerd crowd this week so probably next week.

my frieds bailed on advanced tickets for this reason

its not batmn though...i dont know i hope the montreal nerds are not lined up friday

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Word on Nerd Watch - I bet there will be mad dudes rocking the "smiley face button with the blood on it" shirt.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Merchandise is already in Blockbuster

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Word on Nerd Watch - I bet there will be mad dudes rocking the "smiley face button with the blood on it" shirt.

that was my first thought

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I GOT MY IMAX TICKETS AND MY SMILEY FACE BUTTON WITH THE BLOOD ON IT T-SHIRT AND I AM READY[/b]. FRIDAY, BATCHES

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Charlton's most enduring legacy is its superhero characters, most of which were acquired in 1983 by DC Comics, where Giordano was then managing editor. These "Action Hero" characters were originally going to be used in the landmark Watchmen limited series written by Alan Moore, but DC then chose to save the characters for other uses; Moore instead developed new characters loosely based on them. The Charlton characters were incorporated into DC's main superhero line, where some of them enjoyed renewed popularity, most notably Blue Beetle, Captain Atom and The Question, who had languished in obscurity for years before being reintroduced in DC's epic Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series; Blue Beetle subsequently joined a version of the Justice League of America and played a major role in the events leading up to Infinite Crisis in 2005-2006; The Question played a key role in the subsequent year-long series 52. The team of Charlton characters first planned for Moore's Watchmen became reality in 1999 with the DC limited series L.A.W.[/b]

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Not to be missed. I'm a geek!

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    The wife and I got our tickets to the IMAX show in PDX two weeks ago. Getting my geek on this Friday. No smiley shirt for either of us.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Y.E.S.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I'm really looking forward to this.

I found the director's previous film 300 laughable and the Dawn of the Dead remake yawnsome after a brilliant first ten minutes. However I have never actually read Watchmen so, going into the movie without prior knowledge, I guess my expectations may be lower than people who have been waiting for this for the last twenty odd years.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I'm really looking forward to this.

I found the director's previous film 300 laughable and the Dawn of the Dead remake yawnsome after a brilliant first ten minutes. However I have never actually read Watchmen so, going into the movie without prior knowledge, I guess my expectations may be lower than people who have been waiting for this for the last twenty odd years.

I am just happy they are sticking to the script...

you guys really need to read this review

2h40 min of indepth all the gruesome scenes of the comedian are there and the dr manhatan charactr is not dumbed down

rorstach mask changes and full nudity

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

They changed the ending.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

that was my first thought

Mine was that dudes would be showing up in full costume. Mad Rorschachs and shit.

Ticket dude: "Can I help you sir?"

Dude in Rorschach costume and homemade mask: "Wumfurrwatmmmnplzz"

Ticket dude: "Excuse me?"

Rorschach: "Wum tik fur thewatsmnn pleez

Ticket dude: "Sir, I can't understand you..."

Rorschach dude pulls his mask up over his mouth "Um, one for the Watchmen please. Sorry."

I really would like to see the movie w/ out all the homeade costume goofballs.

All That Harry Potter/Star Wars/Star Trek Fandom can get too silly at times.

The book as cult as it is isnt some household name book. Yet Barry the Manager at Kinko's is gonna throw some shoe polish on a rag, cop a fedora, and sport his uncle's old trench coat - talmbout "this guy's cool".

Burger King isnt doin collectable glasses for this movie, can u refrain from role-play just once. Just once. Did u do that shit for the book? No, well then why the movie?

Rant over.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    ^^^ROCKIN' SOME NEW REEBOK REVERSE JAM INKBLOTS TO THE PREMIERE^^^

^^^ROCKIN' SOME NEW REEBOK REVERSE JAM INKBLOTS TO THE PREMIERE^^^

Ill be buck-nekkid w/ Blue-Man Group make-up all over my entire body.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Put a white condom on your peepee head and call it Jokey Smurf.

Put a white condom on your peepee head and call it Jokey Smurf.

That wouldnt fit. Could I borrow yo shower-curtain?

• I am just happy they are sticking to the script...

They changed the ending.

How?

They changed the ending.

How?

it comes out tmrrow, cant you see for yourself?

• No. Give me your knowledge.

No. Give me your knowledge.

AYO.

• HA!

google it dude

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Supposedly the ending hasn't really been changed, it's just the "vehicle" that ushers in the ending that was changed. I'm psyched for this movie. I bought the comic for my wife and she never read it, citing "I know it's good but I just can't get into comics." I tried to tell her that Watchmen is a comic book the way The Wire is a TV show.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    This'll be the movie in "dinner & a movie" with the ol' lady tomorrow night. Not sure how good of a date movie it'll be, but I hate date movies so fusk it. Looking forward to this for damn sure.

This'll be the movie in "dinner & a movie" with the ol' lady tomorrow night. Not sure how good of a date movie it'll be, but I hate date movies so fusk it. Looking forward to this for damn sure.

If u take your DATE to any movie doesnt that movie become a Date Movie???

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

They changed the ending.

I know but this review has my hopes up

There???s no question Snyder is an unsubtle filmmaker; like 300, this film is essentially a series of set pieces, each further over the top than the last. The action scenes are stylish, surprisingly graphic, and visually spectacular, and the sex scenes are filmed exactly the same way. It lacks The Dark Knight???s depth or atmosphere, but with such an ambitious plot and so many characters, Snyder gets in as much as he can in the film???s almost three-hour length.

Die-hard Moore devotees may be disappointed, serious cinephiles even more so, but this film isn???t really for either of them. It???s for the masses who ate up 300 along with recent superhero flicks, and on that level its balance of thought-provoking social allegory and unabashedly populist entertainment is just about right.

Ill take a 300 with depth of character and extremely well done reproduction of the main characters
    thats all we could expect

i wonder if it will workin the box office though
    the promo here has been weak except for mad posters (that arent very good)
    the book is massively cult but not mainstream (ala wolverine coming up in may)

we will see but i am sure to be entertained