why must i cry? (warp related)

jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
imagine my pain to have ordered 70 GBP's worth of lp's from the uk, only to have them arrived all totally bowed like a bandy legged broad! anyone have any good tips for this? so many different home methods, but are any tried and tested?

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    For the more valuable among them, I provide a flattening service.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    thanks for the offer, but i think international postage is why they are ruined in the first place. who knows what happened to them. ah well. it's not the end of the world!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    For the more valuable among them, I provide a flattening service.

you know it's img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/game.gif" alt="" /1 when even the two 45's in the package are even bowed up like those ashtray records you can buy at flea markets...

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I hear you. I just got 2 45s from the UK. The package arrived completely soaked through. One of the labels bled onto the other, and one of the records has a nasty looking warp. Somehow it plays through but on one pass there's a distinct wang on the song, like someone is putting their hand on the platter and sharply slowing the record for a sec.

ok, ok, i had some sucess with the 45's. i basically put them on blast with a hair dryer and then flattened them with a pile of books. bingo!