a new way to listen to online radio?

JuliusJulius 143 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Sorry if this is considered as shameless self promo but i'd like to have soul strut's opinion on the following project...In March 2008, the Laid Back team launched its online radio on the newly created Radionomy platform. Since then we did a lot of tests, trials and... errors. Although there is still a lot of work to do on that project, LDBK features some 5000 tracks in the rotation, one guest every week and 10 thematic shows.There are many ways to listen to our online radio station on any device connected to the Internet but we wanted to go one step further and bring LDBK even closer to its listeners.As for the moment we don't have any host announcing the tracks being played, we thought it would be great to come up with another way to communicate with our audience by displaying additional information. With this new new LDBK player, biographies (from last.fm), pictures (from flickr) and related links (from google) will be automatically displayed based on the artist currently airing. You will also be able to see what are the current and next shows and will have access to the latest news posted on the Laid Back website. And that's just a first step as more functionalities are in the pipe line...You can install the Laid Back player here: http://www.laid-back.be/blog/?p=619Cheers,J.

Comments

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    You should consider moving this to the announcements section.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Congratulations Julius. This new application is incredible. I'd love to have a Soulstrut version of this. To bad Radionomy hasn't opened the doors to the US though. This new player is gonna look great at work.

- spidey

• JuliusJulius 143 Posts
    Thanks Spidey,

I could give you a soulstrut verison of the player but i need some kind of stream to read (m3u)... no plans to create a soul strut radio?