making youtubes

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
My friend and I are starting a weekly night and were thinking about having a youtube channel featuring our favorite spins and what not. How do you go about making those cheapo static image audio-youtubes ?

Comments

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    You just make your video and upload it. Youtube puts the glitch in for free.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Hmm... I guess I don't know how to just MAKE a video file.

Would I have to get a video editing program or is there something bundled in windows I can use? Any decent freeware programs out there that would help? We're not talking anything fancy here. Mainly just an image, or image slideshow, while the song plays. No video cameras involved or anything.

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    I just tried doing this on a mac over the weekend and had no luck. I wanted to post up a couple beats so I converted them to .mov, they were small files maybe 3mb. No luck-can anybody drop some knowledge? Thx!

oh sick! I guess this computer has Windows Movie Maker on it. Looks easy enough. I'll post a few vids when I get them done.

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    I feel kinda dumb asking this but how do u convert an mp3 on a mac to a file that is acceptable for youtube? I tried to make it a .mov file, it said the upload failed. I gave up after a couple trys. Can somebody suggest another way of doing this? Thank you .

Seems like you need a video editing program ala Microsoft Movie Maker or whatever Macs come with. Something needs to fuse an image file to a sound file and encode it properly as a video file.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    axel, use imovie. Take a jpeg, put it into imovie, take your audio, put it into imovie, make appropriate length, then save it as a quicktime movie. You'll have to do some compression, but it's just a matter of choosing the sharing option. Upload to youtube.