rock drumming (killing it related)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
not the greatest video quality wise...I shot it with a still camera silent and then tried to synch up the audio I mixed from the board and stage mics..it goes out of synch at about 9-10 minutes, but I posted it because of the drummer, who I thought some of you might dig, a good friend of mine and I am astonished at his playing...definitely an original, especially in the metal/punk realms, plays with such control...the only person I compare him to is Mitch Mitchell...I know the music wont be everyones cuppa, but from about 2:20 or so on he does some amazing stuff, and some next level rolls at 6ish

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    funny you mention drumming cause I saw this guy recently and was impressed

SOY Festival #6 - Son Lux from Anousonne Savanchomkeo on Vimeo.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    not the greatest video quality wise...I shot it with a still camera silent and then tried to synch up the audio I mixed from the board and stage mics..it goes out of synch at about 9-10 minutes, but I posted it because of the drummer, who I thought some of you might dig, a good friend of mine and I am astonished at his playing...definitely an original, especially in the metal/punk realms, plays with such control...the only person I compare him to is Mitch Mitchell...I know the music wont be everyones cuppa, but from about 2:20 or so on he does some amazing stuff, and some next level rolls at 6ish

i cannot get this to load for the life of me...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    it was working for a bit, now it isnt..divshare video is lame...plus my download limit is near capacity...maybe I will post it again when my download limit renews.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

not workin for me.
    i think the best rock drummer I saw somewhat recently was Jon Theodore.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Jon Theodore.
    WORD. I saw him when he was still with Mars Volta and dam he killed it.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Jon Theodore.
    WORD. I saw him when he was still with Mars Volta and dam he killed it.
    Their best drummer for sure.
    I saw them right after Deloused dropped and he was insane.