Something just hit me...

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Not sure if it's the reality of being single really kicking in, the onset of Spring, or what...but I was just in my co-workers office next to mine talking it up as we have done for months since she started here last year, and suddenly I find myself extremely attracted to her. I interrupted our conversation at one point to tell her that her hair looked really good. Then at a certain point, I told her "I have to get out of here, because I'm looking at you differently". She has a boyfriend, but she's also told me in the past that she doesn't like commitments and likes to think of herself as free to love anyone. I don't want to screw up a good work relationship over some Spring fever, but at the same time, at least right at this very moment in time...I gotsta have it.

Comments

• Not sure if it's the reality of being single really kicking in, the onset of Spring, or what...but I was just in my co-workers office next to mine talking it up as we have done for months since she started here last year, and suddenly I find myself extremely attracted to her. I interrupted our conversation at one point to tell her that her hair looked really good. Then at a certain point, I told her "I have to get out of here, because I'm looking at you differently". She has a boyfriend, but she's also told me in the past that she doesn't like commitments and likes to think of herself as free to love anyone. I don't want to screw up a good work relationship over some Spring fever, but at the same time, at least right at this very moment in time...I gotsta have it.

Hi, I'm sexual harassment, here to cut your employment short.

• Be careful w/ that.

Devilside - "Do It!"
    Angelside - "Dont shit where u eat."

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Be careful w/ that.

Devilside - "Do It!"

Real talk. I've dipped my pen in the company ink a couple of times, and it can make things rather awkward later on.

• Be careful w/ that.

Devilside - "Do It!"

Real talk. I've dipped my pen in the company ink a couple of times, and it can make things rather awkward later on.

On a bed of old Sesame Street Reel to Reels?

• After I got laid off from my previous job last year, I remember being REAL GLAD I never asked out any of my coworkers, from the receptionist to the VIP. And believe me, I was tempted several times (especially during the spring months)...I was just scared that shit might come back and bite me in the ass when least expected.

Be careful w/ that.

Devilside - "Do It!"

On a bed of old Sesame Street Reel to Reels?

Bent over the "m" in the old Zoom logo.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I've already met this woman out before, on a platonic level. So it's not like it would be that much of a stretch to see if she was up for a little more. Already decided I'm not going to use our work hours to find out. But her number in my phone is going to be difficult to keep away from come nighttime, I tell you what.

• Just call her a few times in quick succession. Don't say anything, just hang up.

That gets them really thinking. Wondering "who is that masked man" and such.

• Just call her a few times in quick succession. Don't say anything, just hang up.

That gets them really thinking. Wondering "who is that masked man" and such.

Digging through her trash, leaving dead cats on her doorstep, spray painting lovey-dovey messages on the side of her car would probably work too.

Just call her a few times in quick succession. Don't say anything, just hang up.

No heavy breathing?

We laugh, but after 15 years of "marriage"...I am at quite a loss for effective game. So far, anything remotely successful has come to me. Seems that all I tend to approach on my own has a boyfriend lurking in the shadows.

Just call her a few times in quick succession. Don't say anything, just hang up.

No heavy breathing?

We laugh, but after 15 years of "marriage"...I am at quite a loss for effective game. So far, anything remotely successful has come to me. Seems that all I tend to approach on my own has a boyfriend lurking in the shadows.

Get a wingman, and look for two ladies that appear to be together with no mens n nem. Introduce yourself. It's that easy, boss.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

No heavy breathing?

Truth be told, the ladies that are beyond their early 20s and don't have anything going on are just as suspect. Tend to be borderline crazy or have major committment issues. Or, of course, simply do not want to be in a relationship. Your best hope is that you're a better catch than their current love.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Damn Harv - you rebound quick!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• Truth be told, the ladies that are beyond their early 20s and don't have anything going on are just as suspect. Tend to be borderline crazy or have major committment issues. Or, of course, simply do not want to be in a relationship. Your best hope is that you're a better catch than their current love.

THE PORTAL HAS BEEN OPENED!!!!!!!

No heavy breathing?

Get a wingman, and look for two ladies that appear to be together with no mens n nem. Introduce yourself. It's that easy, boss.

I have 2-wingman options right now. One is still too depressed from his divorce 2 years ago and he's bald. Cool to hang out with him, as he's an old friend, but he's a liability with the ladies.

The other dude picks up women left and right. But his tactics are too corny for me right now. He'll openly say some shit like "women love high fives"...then he'll walk over and, from my eyes, in a very patronizing way find some reason to initiate a high five with some random girl. It's clearly one of those 1 out of 20 times, this shit works...I'm just still too picky (and old) for that sort of mass canvassing technique.

Damn Harv - you rebound quick!

I wouldn't call this quick at all. Nor would I call it a rebound. I just need to get some...sooner than later.

Truth be told, the ladies that are beyond their early 20s and don't have anything going on are just as suspect. Tend to be borderline crazy or have major committment issues. Or, of course, simply do not want to be in a relationship. Your best hope is that you're a better catch than their current love.

Haha. Sorta waiting to get burned this for since. So I should clarify... If everyone is staying away, there might be a good reason. I'd imagine that every quality woman on the face of the earth has people trying to holler at them; whether or not they are interested is entirely their decision. Even if they don't have a stable relationship, there always will be a few suitors on the outskirts, waiting and hoping.

No heavy breathing?

Yep, already hoping about 5 different relationships fail.

.I'm just still too picky (and old) for that sort of mass canvassing technique.

Haha! Then f*ck it???let him canvas, and you wait 'til it pays off and wingman him. Get you off the schneid, so to speak.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    One of the gurls I'm dating right now I work with. Same department but different group.

All I can say is don't risk it son! Tho, I've already have this as a rule most of my life and I never seem to follow my own advice, so Doowutchyalike!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Haha. Sorta waiting to get burned this for since. So I should clarify... If everyone is staying away, there might be a good reason. I'd imagine that every quality woman on the face of the earth has people trying to holler at them; whether or not they are interested is entirely their decision. Even if they don't have a stable relationship, there always will be a few suitors on the outskirts, waiting and hoping.

Wasn't that Eggplantxandu's car?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Wasn't that Eggplantxandu's car?

You're fusking right it was!

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    My lady and I met at work, we both quit shortly after because 1.) everyone was getting our business 2.) we both happened to be looking for new jobs so it was good timing.

• that is funny. I bet that dude was in some major shit, but that is a great video. It looks like some crazy stuff that falls too, with all those barrels and whatnot. Probably not reams of paper.

• get it in harvey! good luck to you mayn!