Pro-Tools w/Waves question if I may...

AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Hi dudes!I need some audio help please.I have a mix that is a bunch of records etc.. The volumes are really all over the place from record to record.I have it open in Pro-Tools and I was wondering if there is a way to make everything the same level using a plug-in or something.I am expiramenting with the L1+Ultramaximizer but I don't really understand how it works. Can anyone enlighten me? I mean I understand the concept (i think) but it seems like the volumes still fluctuate even though I try various attenuation settings etc. Maybe I will not hear it till after the bounce??? I'm sure I am just doing it wrong. Or maybe if there is a different plug-in I have not tried yet? Can anyone share a technic or suggest a few settings please?

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    you have to autmoate the volume on each track manually. the L1 is more for mastering on the master bus as opposed to an all in one leveler. it can work like that, but i think in this case, you need to manually adjust each volume. click where it says waveform under the track name on the edit window, then change it to volume. then just click on the line and start dragging it to adjust the volume.