Karin Jones reissue - sound quality?

SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
The snippets I've heard of this moder soul masterpiece/grail have intrigued me enough to investigate further. From what I've read on the net, OGs of this LP go for around 400 USD.

Can anyone vouch for the sound quality on the considerably more affordable reissue/bootleg currently doing the rounds? Excellent, acceptable, or absolutely horrible?

SG

Comments

• The other two bootlegs on Handshake (Trilark and Revelation) are wack sound quality wise. This one was probably booted by the same folks...wouldn't trust it.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    The other two bootlegs on Handshake (Trilark and Revelation) are wack sound quality wise. This one was probably booted by the same folks...wouldn't trust it.

True dat... the Revelation (1982) vinyl reissue was so horrible that I've nearly steered away from vinyl reissues/boots ever since.

On the other hand, the Trilark and Revlelation (1980) CD reissues were of fairly good quality; not sure about the vinyl versions of these, though.

The reason why I'm curious is b/c this particular vinyl Karin Jones reish appears to be selling for around 3-5 USD more than the average, garden-variety reish/boot.

Is this reissue of somewhat higher quality than the norm?

SG

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    if you need some MP3's I got a few I burned off of my LP

PM if youre interested

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    if you need some MP3's I got a few I burned off of my LP

PM if youre interested

Guzzo:

Plaese to check yr PM!

SG