Cap-wash strut

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
One of the first products I felt was truly marketed directly to me was a plastic shell shaped like a baseball cap that allowed you to wash your hat in the machine without it losing its form. I am not sure how I came upon it, but it probably was a mail-order thing in Becket price guide or maybe Sports Illustrated For Kids. I discovered it about the same time that I started actually caring about my appearance and buying my own clothes. And by buying my own clothes, I mean visiting the store with my mom and requesting certain items that she then accepted or rejected. This plastic hat-holder came in handy after my favorite cap (a pin-striped L.A. Kings Starter number) fell off and was run over while I was riding the bumper cars at a carnival, and got greased up something fierce. And while it was only one of a large collection of caps, I felt I had lost the best of the bunch. But I put it in the $10.95 cap holder and it came out clean, with the brim unfazed. I was sold! But what I am really wondering, How does the Strut Massive clean their caps? Is the plastic holder method still the method? Is hand-washing what's really? Or do you guys just toss it when it gets sweat stained? I would hope not, as you know you are going to wear your favorite cap on a big day, and on a day where you might get a little sweat on the brow.

Comments

• I never wash my Baseball caps. I just cop a fresh one if it starts to look grimy like that.

Plus i have enuff to keep them from gettin soiled/dirty.

But if your talkin about that Dave Matthews Band/Sweaty-Bent-Bill steez.

I would just wash those jokers, If u want that broken-in look.

Dont let me break out the camera and blow this mutha-up.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    But if your talkin about that Dave Matthews Band/Sweaty-Bent-Bill steez.

Damn man, why you trying to play me like that!

Do I need to mention, yet again, that my name is in reference to the beverage and not "whitey."

HOWEVER, the cap in question is white in color. But it has my work emblem. I am not shooting for the "broken in" look either, but the "clean" one.

Think hand washing might be the best bet.

But, please, break out the camera and take us to school.

• I never wash my Baseball caps. I just cop a fresh one if it starts to look grimy like that.

Me neither -- they always shrink and besides there's a spot up in Berkeley that sells New Eras for $20. I can totally justify dropping $20 every other month.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I never wash my Baseball caps. I just cop a fresh one if it starts to look grimy like that.

Plus i have enuff to keep them from gettin soiled/dirty.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    if i have to wash a cap i'll just put it in through a machine cycle by itself. it seems to work ok. results vary though as far as keeping their shape goes.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    store them in a plastic bag to keep dust away

I own two Classic Navy Yankee caps.
    One that's 20 years old and is a broken-in New Era
    And I have a newly copped Crispy New Era.

One for the board meeting and another when its snowin'.