Who did original TV Starsky & Hutch theme ?

sniffadawgsniffadawg 12 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
I realise the Starsky & Hutch theme was by Tom Scott and called "Gotcha" but his version does not sound like the actual one used on the start of the TV series.I was wondering if someone else performed that version. It sounds much more funky than the Tom Scott track.Any ideas guys?SNIFFADAWG

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    a post by 'sniffadawg' was answered by 'snagglepus'

hehe

• as classic and funky as the popular theme is I actually prefer this one...

• Thanks for the reply snagglepus,

"A revamped "Gotcha", similar to the version on Blow It Out, returned for the fourth and last season. The revamped version was the most easy-going of the different themes for the series, reflecting the last season's "buddy buddy" feel."

It seems this version is the one i am looking for. I wonder if someone other than tom scott re-recorded it or if it ever got pressed up on vinyl??

• 70's TV themes was on Vinyl if I recall.

• L Fox,

There are many Lp's i have seen called "70's TV Themes", and most are recorded by lots of different session musicians. Do you kow of a particular one with the exact recording of this theme which was used on the show?

• L Fox,

There are many Lp's i have seen called "70's TV Themes", and most are recorded by lots of different session musicians. Do you kow of a particular one with the exact recording of this theme which was used on the show?

I have this on CD, but i know ive seen mad volumes on wax. Good luck.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    The James Taylor Quartet version is good too

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    There's a OST bootleg around. Which has the theme/s, and some of the incidental music. But it's not the greatest of quality, as it sounds like they recorded it straight from the vhs/dvd, rather than tracking down any original tapes.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Is this the one you're talking about?

If so, it's by Lalo Schifrin.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

this the "fonky" one that most know and get breakface.