Midweek Finds yet?

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Impulsive evening scour revealed some $2 nice-nesses: Poogy2 FairportsCarol Douglas Midnight Love AffairLissette latin satinOar, Alexander 'skip' SpenceGil Evans orchestra plays the music of Jimi HendrixAzar LawrenceJames Gilstrap, Love Talkpretty excited about Azar Lawrence and Poogy Tales in particularhappy.for now.......

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    you should be ECSTATIC about the Skip Spence - that's a tough pull!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Yeah, nice one on the Skip Spence.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    damn, oar??? wow.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    you should be ECSTATIC about the Skip Spence - that's a tough pull!

• damn if you got Oar for $2 that may be the best strut find of '09 so far! prepare yourself for some PMs.... (not from me - i found mine a few weeks back, still in disbelief at paying 15x your price... which is still beyond dirt cheap for that record)

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Just got this about an hour ago.
    Johnny Canales y su Orq.:El Camaroncito

Have a listen.
    Johnny Canales y su Orq. : Baby Let Me Know

This is a spare..lemme know if anyone is interested

• you should be ECSTATIC about the Skip Spence - that's a tough pull!

yes gentlemen i am happy! a hott find for sure

my $2 bin spot treats me right

• Nice pulls girl, funny how almost every album cover in your sweep features someone directly facing the camera

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Nice Scoar

That Poogy Tales has tricked me into buying it more than any other LP.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I got Byard Lancaster "It's not up to us" today for 20 bucks. I was about to pass cuz of the unassuming early 70s Atlantic sort of cover, but good thing I needle-dropped it. The music ranges from soul-jazz to spiritual jazz to free elements. Good stuff. How much better is the other rare one by him?

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Real World

Mail Moves

Happy to have the Skull Snaps,Hymns,Assagai and Both The BBC records back in my life again..oh, same for the Mighty Ryeders too!!

• yo age...what up with hymns???
    bang on a drum= dope....ollie the octopus= nope
    and you got the jewish mustache braeks!!!

that zarape sounds hot!

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Yo Triple, Here's the hymns!!!!!

1)

2)

• craaaaazy
    the second clip sounds like it should have been one of show's interludes on runaway slave

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    damn if you got Oar for $2 that may be the best strut find of '09 so far!
    Great record, great find, but not the best strut find of '09 by a long shot.

• and what woud that be, aa?

• i found a chakachas on avco for $4 a couple weeks back!!!

(i know that doesnt qualify)

• dude from coatesvlle found the raer del jones for a dollar.
    thats find of year imo

I've found a couple big 45s this year so far. One that I sold for 4K, the other for 2K. Really need that Del Jones, though. Never seen hide nor hair of it in the field.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    My biggest find of the year was the King Pins LP on King, real nice copy.

I've been looking for that record for at least a decade, and found it in a local shop.
    I need to do a finds post, it's been a while and I've got some great shit lately.

• damn if you got Oar for $2 that may be the best strut find of '09 so far!

yeah i suppose im forgetting some good ones. also i am not privvy to any action so i cant factor that in.

shit, age's finds right above this are pretty damn tasty for that matter!

• 4k. jeeeeezus

the africa cover del jones is better imo

My biggest find of the year was the King Pins LP on King, real nice copy.

I've been looking for that record for at least a decade, and found it in a local shop.
    I need to do a finds post, it's been a while and I've got some great shit lately.

See, I haven't found any records that I've been looking for recently. Some great stuff for sure, but nothing that made me say "Well, check that one off the list".

Sip of the King Pins juice?

• damn if you got Oar for $2 that may be the best strut find of '09 so far!

Agreed.

Yeah, I definitely killed shit (45-r) in Detroit on the 2nd or 3rd of January, so while it may be long forgotten, it still counts.

• Went back for more 2 dollar scholar rainy day findings, and here lie several:

the wackers, shredder, no clue about it
    don't laugh about chubby, he's adorable
    bonnie koloc, after all this time
    danniebelle, this moment
    rance allen group, a soulful experience
    jerry butler, suite for the single girl- it's hard to see this cover but it has a hot pic of a gucci bag and some food to go
    akido st afro funk 72 mercury
    fjedur, scandinavian happy hippie album
    le pamplemousse

got a stack of 45's too but i havent got much time to sort through them just yet.

must tame unreasonable urge to go to said spot daily

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

pretty excited about Azar Lawrence and Poogy Tales in particular

happy.
    for now.......

Nice finds. Congrats!

What's your impressions on Poogy?
    I bought two records from them cos'
    the covers were cool and they looked
    promising.
    The covers are the best from them.
    Can't say anything about their other
    albums, but the ones I have are awful,
    imho.

Peace

• pretty excited about Azar Lawrence and Poogy Tales in particular

happy.
    for now.......

Nice finds. Congrats!

What's your impressions on Poogy?
    I bought two records from them cos'
    the covers were cool and they looked
    promising.
    The covers are the best from them.
    Can't say anything about their other
    albums, but the ones I have are awful,
    imho.

Peace

yeah i listened when i got home last night, and i have to agree- poogy is definitely not exciting or good imo either. i'm not mad since it was $2 but it just sounds like bad watered down imitation doobie brothers, aka weak. no offense to the doobie brothers, since i love them but i don't love bogus doobie.
    yeah poogy has no vibe for me. but you are right, the covers are the cool part! rainbows and pencil drawings and lo-res b&w pics.

• haha, man you guys...

"Nice find but I am sorry to inform you that it is not in fact *thee* best find of 2008. That honor would belong to yours truly, who killed it quite thoroughly in Detroit on the 2nd of January. Condolences."

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    yeah i listened when i got home last night, and i have to agree- poogy is definitely not exciting or good imo either. i'm not mad since it was $2 but it just sounds like bad watered down imitation doobie brothers, aka weak. no offense to the doobie brothers, since i love them but i don't love bogus doobie.
    yeah poogy has no vibe for me. but you are right, the covers are the cool part! rainbows and pencil drawings and lo-res b&w pics.

Yeah, I found their music soulless and uninspiring.
    I even tried to give them to some Rock collectors I
    know and they had the same opinion as us.

All your other finds compensate you for Poogy's weakness, though.

Peace

• haha, man you guys...

"Nice find but I am sorry to inform you that it is not in fact *thee* best find of 2008. That honor would belong to yours truly, who killed it quite thoroughly in Detroit on the 2nd of January. Condolences."

i know right jonny? i was never competing in the first place for find of the year nomination, i know it's award season but shit!! haha it was like a muppet show situation with statler and waldorf!!!.....