I HEART DISCO BOOGIE FUNK MODERN SOUL (RR)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
DEAL WITH IT. happy music as the Blackbyrds sing.... makes you feel good....all the tiiiimmeONE OF THEM NIGHTSONE OF THEM NIGHTSYOU FEEL LIKE GETTIN DOWN

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I love the night life... by Blair, that is.

• cool, then check out my mix. on second hand, you better not -- it's probably not worthy.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Who's got a copy of Pierce Brothers - Party Person 12" for me?

• Maybe you do, but learn your classics if you haven't already please. I feel like it's 2001 again when dudes where getting Pleasure Web on 45 but didn't own stuff by a group like Sly and The Family Stone. The same is happening with people trying to get deep with the boogie and jocking revisionist bands/deejays with out even owning some Luther or grown folk station staples

BUT I DIGRESSS:

• lil bit o'evrything

• Ooh -- this shit is wretched. Musically excellent, vocally awful. Am I ?

Maybe you do, but learn your classics if you haven't already please. I feel like it's 2001 again when dudes where getting Pleasure Web on 45 but didn't own stuff by a group like Sly and The Family Stone. The same is happening with people trying to get deep with the boogie and jocking revisionist bands/deejays with out even owning some Luther or grown folk station staples

Do I pass for already having Luther?

• Here is the cut

• Maybe you do, but learn your classics if you haven't already please. I feel like it's 2001 again when dudes where getting Pleasure Web on 45 but didn't own stuff by a group like Sly and The Family Stone. The same is happening with people trying to get deep with the boogie and jocking revisionist bands/deejays with out even owning some Luther or grown folk station staples

Depends, what Luther are we talking about? And for extra SKREET cred, guess his weight during said recordings!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    one of my favourites:

Maybe you do, but learn your classics if you haven't already please. I feel like it's 2001 again when dudes where getting Pleasure Web on 45 but didn't own stuff by a group like Sly and The Family Stone. The same is happening with people trying to get deep with the boogie and jocking revisionist bands/deejays with out even owning some Luther or grown folk station staples

Depends, what Luther are we talking about? And for extra SKREET cred, guess his weight during said recordings!

Hahhaa Killer.

I got the self-titled one from 1977. Black cover with 'Luther' written on the front.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    isnt there a generic-ass thread full of the same songs like this every couple weeks

You mean a thread about music every couple of weeks?

isnt there a generic-ass thread full of the same songs like this every couple weeks

b/w

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

This is my shit right now. I need to take this to the "songs you listen to on repeat" thread.

Good lookin' on that Billy Ocean, M**k! That's one of my all-time favorites too. I've never seen that version, though.

• i wish the billy ocean/one of these nights, didnt start the way it does.
    1/2 bar intro ??? and no clean parts in that song where just the music rides. wackness.
    such a great record tho.

• Maybe you do, but learn your classics if you haven't already please.

Aren't you the guy who didn't know "Let No Man Put Asunder?"

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    ~Zing

Maybe you do, but learn your classics if you haven't already please.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Maybe you do, but learn your classics if you haven't already please.

Ooooooooh.

• I heart fake disco...like Blondie and Can, its like fake fur...looks and sounds like disco, but no actual soul or funk was harmed in its creation...

I heart fake disco...like Blondie and Can, its like fake fur...looks and sounds like disco, but no actual soul or funk was harmed in its creation...

Ha-haa...

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

i wish the billy ocean/one of these nights, didnt start the way it does.
    1/2 bar intro ??? and no clean parts in that song where just the music rides. wackness.
    such a great record tho.

agreed - there is a re-edit out there(the producer slips my mind) that tries to correct those problems but it falls short in some other aspects.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

b/w

Haha it's true, and it usually plays out the same. Some random shit posts of KISS disco joints, mixed in with a good classic or two, and then some wannabe posting youtubes of the rarest shit like Mid Air Ease Out or something. Thread Closed.