http://www.mtv.co.uk/mtv.co.uk/pimpmyride/microsite/index.html

Comments

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    yes he's also responsible for public enemy's
    "london england consider yourself warned!"
    peace, stein. . .

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Hahaaa, go Westwood.

Has anyone heard Westwood in like '86 and then compared it to now?

Its like he's been kidnapped by aliens and blinged up on a huge G shaped spaceship.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Did you count how many times he says

"Its Crazy!"

last time I checked....about 500 times!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Listen to "What Up Westwood" on his website

• dayday 9,611 Posts

peace, stein. . .

Don't get me wrong, I know dude is a pioneer in the UK hip hop scene.

I just thought a middle aged, English guy, looking like if Peanut Butter Wolf and Ali G had a baby and raised him in East L.A., was crazy.

're'speck'

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    thats crazy.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    "SON STICK A FORK IN IT, IT'S DONE!"

hahaha, wow, this is good stuff.

On a related note, anybody remember that old hit squad/tim westwood article in the Source?

Don't get me wrong, I know dude is a pioneer in the UK hip hop scene.

Sorry I've got you wrong there.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    As much as he is a tool, he is definitely a pioneer for rap in the UK. Dudes been down since day 1 and if anyone's doubting his UK-rap credentials, he produced London Posse's first single in 87 and used to rep homegrown rap quite a bit on the capitol rap show, or whatever it was called back in the day.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    peace, stein. . .

Actually that was Dave Pierce, who now has a cheezy 'dance' show on primetime Radio 1. Easy to mistake the two - both of them are at that age where it's plainly a bit embarrassing to be reppin yout music.

As much as he is a tool, he is definitely a pioneer for rap in the UK. Dudes been down since day 1 and if anyone's doubting his UK-rap credentials, he produced London Posse's first single in 87 and used to rep homegrown rap quite a bit on the capitol rap show, or whatever it was called back in the day.

That is true. I didn't know about the London Posse bit. Thats quite cool.

Given that, he's still evolved into a tool.... but he keeps us laughing on a Friday night.

Check out this rather amusing MP3 of the man in full swing baby boy!!

Westwood Turns It Out

3.56 Mb

• As much as he is a tool, he is definitely a pioneer for rap in the UK. Dudes been down since day 1 and if anyone's doubting his UK-rap credentials, he produced London Posse's first single in 87 and used to rep homegrown rap quite a bit on the capitol rap show, or whatever it was called back in the day.

Given that, he's still evolved into a tool.... but he keeps us laughing on a Friday night.

Westwood Turns It Out

3.56 Mb

"Checkin' out the groove, LWR-style"

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Westwood is great, as embarrassing as he is, he's still funny as hell to watch and listen to...

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts

dudes hilarious in the red and blue shirt top buttoned. damn. then he rocks the argyle shirt thing....

"guys lets get busy......."

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    yeah he may be a joke but he's paid his dues. Also a friend of mine worked for a London Aids charity & he did loads of stuff for the kids there & was very cool.
    I heard from someone involved with the London Posse 12 that he didn't really produce it just put his name to it. This may not be true though...either way he helped get it out there. We'd miss him if he was gone.

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    We in the UK would miss him if he was gone.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    I heard from someone involved with the London Posse 12 that he didn't really produce it just put his name to it. This may not be true though...

I was with a friend when he asked Westwood straight up ???Did you really produce the London Posses record??? with much enthusiasm he told us he did and he???s seemed chuffed to even be asked about it.
    That said I???ve always doubted he produced it and still do.

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    I heard from someone involved with the London Posse 12 that he didn't really produce it just put his name to it. This may not be true though...

I was with a friend when he asked Westwood straight up ???Did you really produce the London Posses record??? with much enthusiasm he told us he did and he???s seemed chuffed to even be asked about it.
    That said I???ve always doubted he produced it and still do.

Maybe he co produced it or over saw it? I think Biznizz who dj'd for L.P back then was involved in production but maybe went uncredited.

Westwood Turns It Out

3.56 Mb

"Checkin' out the groove, LWR-style"

Hahaa.

(cue tumbleweed and church bell)

...........................checkin' out the grooove ..... LWR style... where these adverts gone to ?? ...............

"On the real!!! I jus, you know, I, I'm the ultimate G Unit groupie dog!! You could take me back to the hotel and bend me over!"

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    I think Westwood is brilliant I have never seen someone so enthusiastic about what they do. He is hilarious but also seems to have a pretty good heart too. I have heard some funny stories about him from someone who knew him when he was at KissFM. I hate most radio DJ's they have no personality at all I don't understand why they bother Westwood puts everyone to shame. It seems whenever Westwood gets a guest down they have the most fun Noreaga is always brilliant when he is on

Banned From TV: Noreaga: 'I play the best hood, OT with Tim Westwood'

I must admit I have not listened to him in ages but I saw him on Pimp My Ride.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

CHECK IT!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Don't get it twisted chaps, I'm not dissing the dude, I'm making a joke.

!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Tim Westwood is a fucking kn[/b]ut job[/b]

• dayday 9,611 Posts

"On the real!!! I jus, you know, I, I'm the ultimate G Unit groupie dog!! You could take me back to the hotel and bend me over!"

BTW, before I go running off with this, does that mean something else in the UK than it does over here?

Like - "That PUTS show was incredibe. Their innovative rhyme patterns and witty lyrical banter had me BENT OVER DAWG!" ?

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    On a related note, anybody remember that old hit squad/tim westwood article in the Source?

that's how i first learned of westwood. i think i still have that issue laying around...

BTW, before I go running off with this, does that mean something else in the UK than it does over here?

Like - "That PUTS show was incredibe. Their innovative rhyme patterns and witty lyrical banter had me BENT OVER DAWG!" ?

It sounded to me like Westwood was willing to take it up the wrong'un for G Unit.

Timmy Westwood talking some more quality shit, courtesy of Cassetteboy:

Real Audio

• jonnycubajonnycuba 36 Posts
    I spoke to Billy Bizniz & he say's he definitely did the Money Mad rhythm...