Daft Punk Shanghai Concert Hoax

the_spacethe_space 74 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
some french dudes posed as daft punk's tour manager, organized the ticket sales of hella daft punk tix, and cashed out in one of the most awesomely clever displays of fraud. now over 2000 daft punk fans are left with $70 tickets that are worthless and their dick in their hands.good thing they were sold out. i didn't get a ticket.http://iheartyu.com/daft-fraud/

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I thought this was going to be like some MF Doom shit, where they stuck a couple of roadies under the robot helmets and all the music just came off a Mac on the sound desk or something.

• are you in shanghai now? i thought you were moving there?
    thanks for the post.

• i arrive bright and early tomorrow morn. i was considering immediately finding some of those zombie hookers making bj gestures that someone mentioned in a different post.

except after that rihanna/charlie brown thread, i'm not trying to win myself a lifetime supply of valtrex. so... second thoughts...

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I thought this was going to be like some MF Doom shit, where they stuck a couple of roadies under the robot helmets and all the music just came off a Mac on the sound desk or something.

That would have been way better. They would have to have had that pyramid thing and all the lights to make it look convincing, but it could be done.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

Didn't Kraftwerk do two gigs at once, one with themselves in the flesh and one in another town with robots on stage? That's like the most brilliant thing I've ever heard. I'm still not convinced Kraftwerk actually ARE human.