Free music notation software that can do...

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
chord diagrams?Specifically I'm looking for something free that can do this:http://www.banjoseen.com/Don%20Stevison/BBBb.pdfIf I have to draw in my own little circles then thats OK too I guess. The reason is, I have a lot of fake books, and some of these jazz chords are hard as hell to figure out and so sometimes I have to write down the chord fingering, but then I have to find somewhere to fit it on the music that i have and I don't write very small so it gets sloppy really quick. I want something where I can copy the lead line and chords really quick (like your average fake book) and then add in my own chord diagram so that the end result is legible and looks super awesome like that example.Any tips?p.s. CBear, if you are reading this, tune your banjo to CGDA, print out that PDF, and learn it.

Comments

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    You could try Finale Notepad (free version of Finale 2008) I think it can do the chord diagrams, you should be able to do the notation and the lyrics as well.
    I think Sibelius might have a free or demo version that can do something similar....

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Dude.

Awesome.

I am tempted to fly you to Amsterdam just to buy you a drink.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    [/img]