No Grammy thread?!

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Weezy just brought out Allen Toussaint and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band! Doesn't that qualify as Soulstrut Catnip??Also, Lionel Richie looks like an older Taj Mowry.

Comments

• did daft punk make an acceptance speech?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Jonas Brothers and Stevie Wonder! So Awesome, yeah!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Kenny Chesney really let me down this year.

• Ha ha! You guys are jerks.

I went to Moms for dinner and used her Tivo to skip thru it. Though The Grammy's don't really mean shit to me, I WAS hoping Lil Wayne would walk away with album of the year just because.

Plus, I wanted to see the live version of "Swagger Like Us" with an about-to-pop M.I.A.

On a darker note, Chris Brown got arrested for "assaulting" Rihanna. Damn.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

Plus, I wanted to see the live version of "Swagger Like Us" with an about-to-pop M.I.A.

On a darker note, Chris Brown got arrested for "assaulting" Rihanna. Damn.

The polka dotted pregnancy leotard-bodysuit thing took a lot of balls.

I thought it was
    pretty damn funny and over-the-top.

However I am not sure if she has more guts than this guy:

You know what I mean?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The Grammys have always - and still are - the most irrelevant of major "arts" awards.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    The Grammys have always - and still are - the most irrelevant of major "arts" awards.

Daft Punk won two awards for songs that essentially came out in 2000, way to stay current guys.

BTW...Twitter was the Grammy jump-off this year, no need for threads.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I do love how Kanye always ignores the prompters.
    Entertainment at its best.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Whoever produced the Grammy's needs to be drug out to the street and shot.

The majority of the show was jerk-off tv producers binding musicians together for plain horrendous performances that should of never happened. Keith Urban, Boyz to Men and Timberlake with Al Green? Adele and Sugar Land? John Mayer and Keith Urban slaughtering Diddley and being allowed to sit anywhere near Blues royalty?
    However, Radiohead and the USC Marching Band was a very interesting mixture. As was Wayne, Toussaint and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band.

• The polka dotted pregnancy leotard-bodysuit thing took a lot of balls.

• Also, the president of the Grammy's called out Obama and suggested that he create a Secretary Of The Arts position.

Did you guys know that Obama has won Grammy's in the past for the audio version of his book(s)? I didn't. They should've had him perform "I Ain't Your B*tch...Get Your Damn Fries!" Maybe with like Toby Keith and Lupe Fiasco.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    This awards show gets worse and worse every year. I don't know why I'm even watching this tonight. I guess just to see how bad it will be. That Justin Timberlake and T.I. performance was straight terrible.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    As was Wayne, Toussaint and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band.

I wanted to like this, but it sounded like a hot mess to me. Radiohead, and Stevie playing at the end were good though.

• The Grammys have always - and still are - the most irrelevant of major "arts" awards.

No, I'd say Dick Clark's American Music Awards are the most irrevelant. At least the Grammy folks know that there is music outside of the Top 40.

Course, the more obscure Grammy categories aren't telecast on TV, but still...

• The Grammys have always - and still are - the most irrelevant of major "arts" awards.

No, I'd say Dick Clark's American Music Awards are the most irrevelant. At least the Grammy folks know that there is music outside of the Top 40.

Course, the more obscure Grammy categories aren't telecast on TV, but still...

I get pissed of when they do those ten second announcements of the Lifetime Achievement Awards. Really? They have time to saddle Stevie with those unbelievably weak-assed Jonas Brothers (not to mention the saddest version of 'Bo Diddley' EVAR) but no time to devote a minute or two to real stuff.

• No Etta James?

• Chris Brown beat up Rihanna because she gave him herpes. Yikes.

• Chris Brown beat up Rihanna because she gave him herpes. Yikes.

while searching for pics of Rihanna's oral herpes i found this which i found to be a lot more interesting

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

while searching for pics of Rihanna's oral herpes i found this which i found to be a lot more interesting

This seriously needs it's own thread.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I don't think it was any accident that the Pro-Bowl and the Grammys were on the same day. I can't figure out why they do either event. Grammys=Pro-Bowl=Saved By The Bell=3 Musketeers Bar.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I didn't mind watching Al Green get some shine. I didn't think the performance with JT was horrible. But Al is still the man, and it showed when he did the high note and the crowd started gettin' a bit crazy for him.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    the two dudes from radiohead w/ the usc marching band was def. the performance highlight (although they could have gotten LSU or Southern U and stepped it up a notch-- i don't know that the management or whatever that put the two parties in touch were really on the ball with that selection). wayne was ehh. that's not the best song on the carter iii. TI was awful on both of his performances. His shit just doesn't translate well live, i guess. the black and white broadcast on swagger ("rap pack," yuckyuckyuck) was f*ckin cornball.
    what a boring ass show. wtf were the sales numbers on that dry-ass crap that won album of the year?

• wtf were the sales numbers on that dry-ass crap that won album of the year?

i wonder.

I remember being at a bar during Happy hour w/ a bunch of old cats who were raving about that album.

They played on the house stereo and i couldnt get into it but if i was a 45+ Rocker who still talmbout Led Zep and the Beatles - this was the grown n sexy cool out version.

• I love daft Punk but why are they winning a a grammy for a song that came out in 2001?

The Grammys are so lame!

• Al Gore wins yet another major award for his movie ... I think he's only missing a Tony at this point.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I actually thought this was pretty sweet.

But I don't hate JT as much as many around here.

What the hell was that "general store" bizness though?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Yeah. I didn't think JT did a poor job or anything.

3:57

I love when Al hits it and people are on some OH SHIT steez.