bassie for governor!

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
I mean why not? I don't have to be US-born, someone has already broken ground for exotique names in US politics and, hell, I'm great at listening to people!________________________________________________________________ SANTA FE, N.M. - Holy hornet's nest, Batman! The New Mexico governor's mansion? Fresh from the inauguration, actor Val Kilmer is pondering running for governor in 2010, when two-term Democrat Bill Richardson will be forced from office by term limits. "I'm just looking for ways to be contributive," Kilmer told The Associated Press on Thursday. "And if that ends up being where I can make a substantial contribution, then I'll run." But there's no decision yet. "It's really day to day," he said over tea at a local restaurant. Kilmer, 49, grew up in Los Angeles but has called New Mexico home for more than two decades. He's currently registered as a Democrat and said he cast a ballot for Barack Obama from Bulgaria, where he was filming. A Kilmer candidacy could throw a monkey wrench into the well-oiled Democratic machine of Lt. Gov. Diane Denish, who's already running for the job. Kilmer's screen credits include Batman in "Batman Forever" in 1995, brash fighter pilot Lt. Tom 'Iceman' Kazansky in the 1986 hit "Top Gun," and rock icon Jim Morrison in the 1991 Oliver Stone film, "The Doors." Kilmer said if he ran it wouldn't have to be a conventional campaign. While the actor decides, he's getting out and about and has been listening to people - something he says he's pretty good at. "What I do for a living is listen," he said, making a bold prediction: "If I run, I'm going to be the next governor."

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    REAL GENIUS

• win or lose, he should fill the governor's mansion with popcorn.

• win or lose, he should fill the governor's mansion with popcorn.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Someone should tell dumb dumb that he acts for a living, not 'listens' for a living. Kilmer is one of the few people in Hollywood who it is alright to speak ill of after working with him; that's how big of a douchetard he is.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

"What I do for a living is listen," he said

I thought what he did for a living was read words that someone else wrote off of a page, memorize them, and then repeat them in front of a camera while firing guns, producing large amounts of popcorn or other such things.

I'm not trying to dis him or his potential skill at governing, but I think the reason actors are successful at being governor has less to do with listening and more to do with charisma.

• This dude...all I know is he spent the summer a few years ago banging a 19 year old seafood restaurant waitress on martha's vineyard and driving a Hummer around annoying the locals. I mean would could scream more of politician, shit he's practically a Kennedy.

• This dude...all I know is he spent the summer a few years ago banging a 19 year old seafood restaurant waitress on martha's vineyard and driving a Hummer around annoying the locals. I mean would could scream more of politician, shit he's practically a Kennedy.

awesome! i'm gonna move to NM so i can vote for him.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I thought what he did for a living was read words that someone else wrote off of a page, memorize them, and then repeat them in front of a camera while firing guns, producing large amounts of popcorn or other such things.

And how is this different than being governor?

• "What I do for a living is listen," he said

it's the popcorn part.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    .cc_box a:hover .cc_home{background:url('http://www.comedycentral.com/comedycentral/video/assets/syndicated-logo-over.png') !important;}.cc_links a{color:#b9b9b9;text-decoration:none;}.cc_show a{color:#707070;text-decoration:none;}.cc_title a{color:#868686;text-decoration:none;}.cc_links a:hover{color:#67bee2;text-decoration:underline;}

• Governor of Neptune.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    TOP SECRET!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

It's not. However, Kilmer seems to have all that confused with "listening." If he means something other than listening for the director yelling "Action!" and "Cut! Val, baby, that was great!" I don't think he has the chops, unless he's been moonlighting as a therapist unbeknownst to us.