$50 Portable turntable at woot.com today

mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
http://www.woot.com/My buddy told me about woot a few days ago. They put up one insanely cheap item each day. It will be gone tomorrow.Anyone have any experience with these? I've wanted a portable for a while but didn't really feel like paying that much for one. Thoughts?

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    That's cheap. It's probably no worse than the Numark, and at $50 you're not really out that much, so I say do it.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Bah! You just beat me to it!

Woot is great. Never had a problem with them.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I just realized how sick having a portable that can record to usb can be. Now i can use my laptop and portable to rip songs from friends.

50 bucks well spent.

- spidey

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    ion is owned by numark. little known information.

woot is also a subsidiary of buy.com

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I bought one just to add to the portable rotation. Portables are like golf clubs in the gsame of digging.

• every now and then they have woot-offs where they sell a lot of shit until the supply runs out back to back to back
    they also occasionally have the Woot Bag O'Crap where you pay $5+s&h for a bag filled with some random stuff. They have put PS3s and LCD HDTVs in the BoCs. The stock is super limited of course.

• Hey kiddo! I see that your only four posts are all graemlins. Why don't you try typing something?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    That's about what it's worth. Good deal, get it.
    Decent portable, but don't buy it only to digitize vinyl, it sounds like shit.
    You an hear the needle on the record, even some resonance from the plastic arm at times.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I bought one

And those $90 tb drives ain't lookin too shabby either....

• My dad bought a similar looking USB table (not sure if it was the same brand) it was complete garbage and very noisy.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Yeah, there's a reason you don't see any reviews for these usb turntables out there on the web.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I just realized how sick having a portable that can record to usb can be. Now i can use my laptop and portable to rip songs from friends.

50 bucks well spent.

- spidey

The turntables can often be quite noisy and that all gets picked up. Like Quo said, I wouldn't recommend them for this purpose.

Real handy to have though, none the less.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Anyone receive this yet?

I got tracking numbers on weds, but Fedex site still shows it as not having been picked up. Was hoping to have it for some digging this weekend, oh well....

• I got one as a gift for someone and i have the same thing going on!!b, 21the fedex tracking lists it as having supposed to have been delivered by feb 12 but the tracking status indicates that shipping has only been initiated and it's not in transit.b, 21weird?

• mine has yet to arrive as well... hmmm...
    hopefully, fed ex is just slipping on their updates and i will come home today to a nice present in the mail.

• have you seen the woot forum? i looked briefly to see if there was any review regarding this shipping quandary and there is some major herb-y hilariousness to the tune of "i am bummed that i can't scratch on this thing, i thought i might be able to "
    wtf is wrong with people thinking they are buying a cool but dinky portable and hoping to scratch on its belt-driven ass??
    ha!