The Impossibles (thai funk/jazz related)

bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
So i picked up an LP earlier today at the thrift.

the group is called The Impossibles and everything on the LP cover and record is written in Thai. I cant find a pic of the cover, but it is not this one.

http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4719686519

the one i have has the group sitting in what looks like a radio broadcast room, surrounded by analog tape reels and other equipment. the back has portraits of all the members as well as some group shots. It is not really funk at all. more jazzy with vibes and organ and a definite kinda islandey feel. anyone know anything about this one???

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I don't know about that one, but I think their other albums are easier to come by.... Hot Pepper is dah shhhheit.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    So i picked up an LP earlier today at the thrift.

the group is called The Impossibles and everything on the LP cover and record is written in Thai. I cant find a pic of the cover, but it is not this one.

http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4719686519

the one i have has the group sitting in what looks like a radio broadcast room, surrounded by analog tape reels and other equipment. the back has portraits of all the members as well as some group shots. It is not really funk at all. more jazzy with vibes and organ and a definite kinda islandey feel. anyone know anything about this one???

I had a ThaiBlaxplotation soundtrack that they did. Not a word of English on the cover as I recall. The cover graphics were classic Blaxplotation graphics with something like a guy and girl exploding out of the middle with drawings of scenes featuring a drug deal, a drug pad, a gun fight and romance. The star appeared African American everyone else appeared to be Thai. There were no straight funk cuts.

Here is a few seconds of the one of the best cuts .

I gather they were one of the most popular groups in Thailand in the 70s and made multiple hard to find recordings for the Thai market.

Dan

• PerPer 18 Posts
    Hot Pepper was recorded in Sweden. They toured here for some time and met swedish girlfriends etc. So it ended up with them recording that record somewhere in the north of sweden.

• I think I got about fiddy bucks for a slightly beat copy of the LP you mention. I didn't like it all that much if I recall, but I like the one recorded in Sweden and a few of their 45s that I have heard were pretty cool.