Paris spots? Qu'a tu dit?

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Any Parisians on here? I have to be there for just 2 days only, during the february Paris fashion week this month and I really want to hit the best 2 record spots they can be wherever just 'pas trop loin' from my hotel in the Marais walking or metro. And i don't want the cool guy reissue hiphop spot with piles of MF doom and Justice records and graphic t shirts, no offense, just looking for rEcoRds.Merci !!.....et je parle francais, a cas ou vous devriez etre furtif a son sujet ici!

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I remember two record stores near the Marais - unfortunately I can't remember their names... I'll just try to describe them and maybe someone else can identify them? There was one with lots of French 45s, a good place to get your Dutronc on, and the owner had lots of stuff in the back which he would go through for you if you have specific requests. The other spot was nearby - good records but with a really grumpy owner. I guess that's not so helpful as a descriptor, but he was really grumpy!

• There was one with lots of French 45s, a good place to get your Dutronc on, and the owner had lots of stuff in the back which he would go through for you if you have specific requests.

It was probably discopuce, and it's closed.

The other spot was nearby - good records but with a really grumpy owner. I guess that's not so helpful as a descriptor, but he was really grumpy!

It was Oldies but goodies, I think it's closed too, or maybe it will be soon, and the guy is really a big piece of shit

I can recommend not very far from here:
    ART SONORES 8 RUE DES TAILLANDIERS 75011 Paris
    Lot of 45 too. Another one that gonna close very soon because of old owner.

And Vinyl office, 9 rue trousseau 75011 Paris
    A new one!

If you can move a little, I recommend "Silly Melody" near Place Saint Michel, owners are young and friendly. Crocodisc not so far away from this place too.
    A couple of records shop in Clignancourt flea markets are good.

Anyway, Paris is one of the worst main euro cities for records shop. Expensive rents, not enough big wallet customers!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I thought Troglodisc was pretty nice when I went there last year

• It's closed LOL

Vinyl office is one of the two guy who previously runned troglodisc.

The ratio records/records shop in this city is just impressively bad.

• A couple of records shop in Clignancourt flea markets are good.

Ah, thanks!! I was debating about going out to Clignancourt since my trip is so quick.. but I love it out there and always find good stuff and the vintage clothing can be distracting too! There was an older Rasta guy in Clgnact. who sold reggae 45's but had other crates of random 'aleatoire' stuff and I came up on some magic in those! Does that sounds familiar, is he still around?

• It's closed LOL

Vinyl office is one of the two guy who previously runned troglodisc.

The ratio records/records shop in this city is just impressively bad.

thats too bad i went there about 4 years ago maybe, i enjoyed the place. and right around the corner i remember having a very good falafel

• Silly melody was pretty good. I found a Bill Curtis 45 on perception there for a decent price. Crocodisc wasnt that great.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Oldies but goodies, I think it's closed too, or maybe it will be soon, and the guy is really a big piece of shit

I found him to be on par with other grumpy records store owners, definitely not the biggest piece of poo I've had to deal with....that is too bad if it is closed or closing. I liked it in there.

• Oldies but goodies, I think it's closed too, or maybe it will be soon, and the guy is really a big piece of shit

I found him to be on par with other grumpy records store owners, definitely not the biggest piece of poo I've had to deal with....that is too bad if it is closed or closing. I liked it in there.

the lady (his wife?) was nice and helped me out....when she finally understood what I wanted, she said "oh, you want special records" and proceeded to pull out boxes from the back....I guess I was lucky I went there when he wasnt there...got Giansbourgs, Galls, and French Library stuff there...

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Vinyl Office is a nice spot. I scored a nice grip of French garage 45s the day it opened. There's cafe called the Bottle Shop a few doors down that's killer.

• Silly melody was pretty good. I found a Bill Curtis 45 on perception there for a decent price. Crocodisc wasnt that great.

Crocodisc sucks. Any time I think I've found something remotely decent in there it turns out to be a reissue.