Match the ad with the Strutter (somewhat RR)

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I celebrated my fortieth birthday last week[/b] by cataloguing my collection of bird feeders. Next year I'm hoping for sexual intercourse. And a cake. Join my invite mailing list at box no. 6831. ManIf intense, post-fight sex scares you[/b], I'm not the woman for you (amateur big-boned cage wrestler, 62). Box no. 8744.My last seven adverts in this column [/b] were influenced by the early catalogue of Krautrock band, Paternoster. This one, however, is based entirely around the work of Gil Scott-Heron. Man, 32. Possibly the last person you want to be stood next to at a house-party you've been dragged along to by a friend who wants to get off with the flatmate of the guy whose birthday it is. Hey! Have you ever heard Boards of Canada? They're amazing; I'll burn you a CD. Box no. 3178.Meet the new face of indoor bowling! [/b] More or less the same as the old face, but less facial hair and better teeth. M, 28. Box no. 3377.The celebrity I resemble the most[/b] is Potsie from Happy Days. What feels so right can't be wrong. Man, 46. Box no. 2480.Mentally, I'm a size eight. [/b] Compulsive-eating F, 52, WLTM man to 25 for whom the phrase 'beauty is only skin-deep' is both a lifestyle choice and a religious ethos. Box no. 5115.I vacillate wildly between a number of archetypes[/b] including, but not limited to, Muriel Spark witticism-trading doyenne, Mariella Frostrup charismatic socialite, brooding, intense Marianne Faithful visionary, and kleptomaniac Germaine Greer amateur upholsterer and ladies' league darts champion. Woman, 43. Everything I just said was a lie. Apart from the bit about darts. And kleptomania. Great tits though. Box no. 2236.Philanthropy is my middle name[/b]. It's just a name though so don't be expecting any free rides. You can call me Mr Wallace. My first name is none of your business. Applications to box no. 9741.If clumsy, unfeeling lust is your bag[/b], write to the ad above. Otherwise write to me, mid-forties M with boy next door looks, man from U.N.C.L.E. charm, and Fresh Prince of Bel Air casual insouciance. Wikky wikky wick yo. Box no. 2851.All humans are 99.9% genetically identical[/b], so don't even think of ending any potential relationship begun here with 'I just don't think we have enough in common'. Science has long since proven that I am the man for you (41, likes to be referred to as 'Wing Commander' in the bedroom). Box no. 3501.Normally on the first few dates[/b] I borrow mannerisms from the more interesting people I know and very often steal phrases and anecdotes from them along with concepts and ideas from obscure yet wittily-written books. It makes me appear more attractive and personable than I actually am. With you, however, I'm going to be a belligerent old shit from the very beginning. That's because I like you and feel ready to give you honesty. Belligerent old shit (M, 53). Box no. 6378.They call me Mr Boombastic. [/b] You can call me Monty. My real name, however, is Quentin. But only Mother uses that. And Nanny. Monty is fine, though. Anything but Peg Leg (Shrewsbury Prep, 1956, 'Please don't make me do cross-country, sir'). Box no. 0473.All I need is the air that I breathe and to love you. [/b] And a five-door saloon (fully air-con). And minimum income of ??55K per annum. And two holidays a year (Latin America plus one other of my choosing). If you can meet these requirements, apply to 'Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions' (37), box no. 3685.You're a brunette, 6', long legs, 25-30[/b], intelligent, articulate and drop dead gorgeous. I, on the other hand, have the looks of Herve Villechaize and an odour of wheat. No returns and no refunds at box no. 3321.The usual hyperbole infuses this ad [/b] with a whiff of playful narcissism and Falstaffian bathos. But scratch below the surface and you'll soon find that I really am the greatest man ever to have lived. Truly great man, 37. Better than Elvis and Gandhi. You'll never be a genuinely worthy partner, but try anyway by first replying to box no. 7637. Include a full list of qualifications, your aspirations, and a full frontal nude body shot.OMG! This magazine is the shizz[/b]. Seriously, dudes. Awesome! LOL! Classics lecturer (M, 48). Possibly out of his depth with today's youth. KTHX! Box no. 2680.Google-search this: 'Inherited wealth real estate Bentley'[/b] - that's me, result 63 of 275. It'll take 0.21 seconds to find me online, but an eternity of heartache in real life. Save time now by writing to box no. 4511, or by just giving up. Mother says you'll never be good enough for me anyway. And you carry the odour of your class.God appeared to me in a dream last night[/b] and spoke your name in my ear. He gave me the winning lottery numbers, too, though, so you can understand where my priorities lay when I raced to grab a notebook and pen. Man, 37, living on hope and the next seven weeks' bonus balls seeks woman whose first name begins with S, or maybe F, and rhymes with chicken, and has a surname that's either a place in Shropshire or the title of a 1979 Earth, Wind and Fire track. Shicken Boogiewonderland, I know you're reading this. Write now to box no. 5729.

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I vacillate wildly between a number of archetypes[/b] including, but not limited to, Muriel Spark witticism-trading doyenne, Mariella Frostrup charismatic socialite, brooding, intense Marianne Faithful visionary, and kleptomaniac Germaine Greer amateur upholsterer and ladies' league darts champion. Woman, 43. Everything I just said was a lie. Apart from the bit about darts. And kleptomania. Great tits though. Box no. 2236.

Philanthropy is my middle name[/b]. It's just a name though so don't be expecting any free rides. You can call me Mr Wallace. My first name is none of your business. Applications to box no. 9741.

If clumsy, unfeeling lust is your bag[/b], write to the ad above. Otherwise write to me, mid-forties M with boy next door looks, man from U.N.C.L.E. charm, and Fresh Prince of Bel Air casual insouciance. Wikky wikky wick yo. Box no. 2851.

I'm pretty sure I'm one of these three. My tits are pretty fantastic.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

You're a brunette, 6', long legs, 25-30[/b], intelligent, articulate and drop dead gorgeous. I, on the other hand, have the looks of Herve Villechaize and an odour of wheat. No returns and no refunds at box no. 3321.

This ad suits me like a size 2 white suit!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

You're a brunette, 6', long legs, 25-30[/b], intelligent, articulate and drop dead gorgeous. I, on the other hand, have the looks of Herve Villechaize and an odour of wheat. No returns and no refunds at box no. 3321.

Stop flirting ya lil vixen...

Wanna do lunch soon? Will you wear said white suit???

• What is this from? I was for each of them.

Stop flirting ya lil vixen...

Wanna do lunch soon? Will you wear said white suit???

yes! weekend lunch, otherwise checking girls at the mall and then dinner on a friday....

I can't wear white at a meal, I'm not dainty enough!

What is this from? I was for each of them.

the OTHER SoulStrut Classifieds!

haha, no! London Review of Books Classifieds - gleaned this from a Guardian article.

• My last seven adverts in this column [/b] were influenced by the early catalogue of Krautrock band, Paternoster. This one, however, is based entirely around the work of Gil Scott-Heron. Man, 32. Possibly the last person you want to be stood next to at a house-party you've been dragged along to by a friend who wants to get off with the flatmate of the guy whose birthday it is. Hey! Have you ever heard Boards of Canada? They're amazing; I'll burn you a CD. Box no. 3178.

The *only* soulstrut poast to mention both Boards of Canada and Gil Scott-Heron:

AKallDay

Just sayin'

Very funny. I am a chick, so no I'm sorry to disappoint but I am not "Man 32". And I have never spoken of any of these things particularly not Boards of Canada, yuck. Why must you pick me to tease today unclesanchez you silly uncle?

• ^^
    b/w

I did lose a boards of canada record and a few gil scott's in my flood which are listed together in one post here among a list of 1500 records. Hmm congratulations you did some research on me.

anyway when i was 12, every friday evening my friend alexis and i would take the trolley to her house, order a pizza and spend the evening answering personal ads by crank calling and teasing weird horndogs from the safety and anonymity of her parents house. then one day one guy who didn't enjoy our jokes said that he was a cop and he was going to trace our calls and come arrest us so we were scared after that and we stopped. But we found the personals section to be a source of endless amusement for sure.