"canta in espanol" ae they all mixed shittily?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
took a chance on a $3 roberto Carlos in Spanish LP and noticed it followed the formula of a lot of Mexican records...quiet music, loud as fugg vocals...I know the brazilian versions of these LPs are not mixed this way...so from your experiences, are most "canta in espanol" versions of brazilian rackords something to stay away from?

Comments

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Never got any mexican pressings. The Argentinian pressings of Brazialian records i got aren't too bad (Odeon is got good levels), but they do vary and I havent got that much Mint pressings to be able to tell accurately.
    Overall I find the Spain pressings are best sounding out of all my latin stuff. That said I got some average sounding Brazilian pressings too...

• Im not talking about other countries' pressings, I mean when they re-record the vocals in spanish from the original portugese, for spanish speaking markets...its like they just take the backing tracks and overdub the spanish lyrics, but justr hide the music in the background...wondering if this commonplace for spanish laguage versions of brazilian records, this spot has some more but I dont wanna waste my money if they are like the one I just got.....

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    ahh..yeah I have found that. Also same shit happens when they do spanish covers of english tunes. but again I think it depends on the actual labels involved...some were very KTel-ish