LL Cool J Question (Mama-R)

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Did we ever figure out why LL's mom wanted him to knock that dude out? 'Cause it just seems like a really odd request for a mom to make. I mean, if my mom asked me to knock somebody out, I would get on that, but I just can't really picture her doing that.

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Did we ever figure out why LL's mom wanted him to knock that dude out? 'Cause it just seems like a really odd request for a mom to make. I mean, if my mom asked me to knock somebody out, I would get on that, but I just can't really picture her doing that.

It was his grandma who told him that, as a way to say "Todd, don't take shit from anyone. If you have to throw blows, knock the fucker out." This was around the time LL was having sex with mother/daughter duos and pregnant ladies.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I heard him say he was watching some award show, grammys or billboard, and some dudes won an award and his grandma was watching and told him "Yo LL...why you have to go do those wack love songs...grow some balls, get some dope beats from Maqrley marl and come back and knock all these wack toy soft muthfunkers out!!!"...

I remeber seeing a live performance on TV, where LL was doing all his Mama said...tracks with a live band.... awesome shit, dont know where the show was or what year as I caught it late at night....

• I heard him say he was watching some award show, grammys or billboard, and some dudes won an award and his grandma was watching and told him "Yo LL...why you have to go do those wack love songs...grow some balls, get some dope beats from Maqrley marl and come back and knock all these wack toy soft muthfunkers out!!!"...

I remeber seeing a live performance on TV, where LL was doing all his Mama said...tracks with a live band.... awesome shit, dont know where the show was or what year as I caught it late at night....

MTV Unplugged?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> 

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I heard him say he was watching some award show, grammys or billboard, and some dudes won an award and his grandma was watching and told him "Yo LL...why you have to go do those wack love songs...grow some balls, get some dope beats from Maqrley marl and come back and knock all these wack toy soft muthfunkers out!!!"...

MTV Unplugged?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> 

nice. thats the one. always wanted to watch it again..... cheers for the link...

• Live bands and hip hop never really worked well together IMO.

Peace,

Dress

• This was around the time LL was having sex with mother/daughter duos and pregnant ladies.

WTF I never heard of this "phase" of his.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This was around the time LL was having sex with mother/daughter duos and pregnant ladies.

WTF I never heard of this "phase" of his.

He talked about it in his autobiography.