Japanther - Evil Earth (MP3)

bropsbrops 182 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Download this:http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2N3D9UZSSEZCN01P4VYWL3Q2R0I first noticed Japanther about two years ago when they released Dump the Body in Rikki Lake. I was amazed by their energy, and when they released Operating Manual for Life Here on Earth, an one sided 12" containing some of the tracks from the Rikki Lake-album, I went nuts. Finally I could play their music at the clubs. The 12" also contained a few new tracks, including "Evil Earth" - the track I've uploaded for you here. I was stunned. It's f***ing brilliant. Originally a rock/punk/scream band, but they're experimenting with tape loops and different things.. and on this track they have these amazing funkloops.I'm always playing this track when I'm DJ-ing.. people go nuts.. it's like they're just waiting for me to play so they could go crazy, and from that point of I can play everything and people just continue having a great time. I often play with guys who play a lot of rock, psych, new wave and things, but I like to play more funk, hip hop and things like that. "Evil Earth" goes great together with Quantic Soul Orchestra or something like that.Japanther had a show with ODB and Chromeo a few years back. Here's some photos:http://www.ofquiet.com/viceODB/I think energy is the right word here...

Comments

• this band fucking sucks.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Respect for sharing.

but that was terrible.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i'm not a punker, and furhermore, i typically dismiss anything to do with VICE magazine (save for pics of fucked up people), but i love these guys. if they are at all, for any reason, interesting to you, check out DOOMSDAY 1999. these guys are much better, and play so loud your feelings will be hurt. xo- m

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    Thanks, I'll check it out. I'm not all that into "loud" music, but I have been at a Lightning Bolt concert... and I gotta say it was one of the greatest concerts I've been to at least the last year or so, probably only beaten by Saul Williams (he's also a proof of 'energy').

• USA is a Monster are up there, too....

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    Yeah, I interviewed Usaisamonster for the student radio in February. Nice guys. The music isn't that aggressive though... at least not on record. It's more progressive than aggressive, if that gives any meaning at all. Prog-punk?

• Yeah not really feeling the song but thanks for sharing.

Now her, on the other hand:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    pink & brown, bitch... ahhhhhhhh!!!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    pink & brown, bitch... ahhhhhhhh!!!

back in my noise rock days, both Pink and Brown and Japanther played shows in my living room in Carroll Gardens, BK... Pink and Brown were alotta fun, Japanther i thought were pretty lame...