Dreams Don't Die (Movie R)

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Anyone on here with any info about this? I stumbled over it a few days ago and i found it pretty decent. Apparently, they had Dondi as a technical advisor. How does this fit in next to Style Wars and Wild Style? Anyone with stories about the making of this movie? Never heard of it before...thanks in advance for any

Comments

• It was a low-budget movie made for TV. Never on VHS nor DVD. It does in fact have some Dondi trains in it. You can read more about that in the Dondi book Stylemaster General which you should own regardless.

Regarding the film think Turk 182 with real graffiti in it.

Peace,

Dress

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    It was a low-budget movie made for TV. Never on VHS nor DVD. It does in fact have some Dondi trains in it. You can read more about that in the Dondi book Stylemaster General which you should own regardless.

Regarding the film think Turk 182 with real graffiti in it.

Peace,

Dress

Thx Dress, and oops, cause i do own the Dondi book. I searched a bit for it and there was a link to some auction on the bay 3 years ago, someone claimed that there was a dvd for this...need to check out that Turk 182, never heard about it either. While on the subject, I found this movie called "elevated stations", filmed 2 years before Style Wars and it is trains only with some tracks from thelonious monk [edit: Mingus, thx Dress] in it. Made by a German filmmaker.

• I dont believe Dreams had a DVD release but I could of course be wrong. I think it must have been a bootleg.

The other film is called Stations of the Elevated. The director recently made a film called Spray Masters with some footage shot for Stations in it. I dont know if he's German but he lives in NYC.

Peace,

Dress

• Music is by Mingus by the way.

Peace,

Dress

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I dont believe Dreams had a DVD release but I could of course be wrong. I think it must have been a bootleg.

The other film is called Stations of the Elevated. The director recently made a film called Spray Masters with some footage shot for Stations in it. I dont know if he's German but he lives in NYC.

Peace,

Dress

Damn, Dress

I believe he is German, as he showed this at some German film festival a few years ago and it was mentioned there somewhere. love the yt comments on this one...

if you stop it at three mins and 7 seconds you see a piece by shadow. little known fact but shadow is actually the director Spike Lees brother. and The commedian freddy prinze(r.i.p) wrote under the name lee2 back in the day.