Stop Eating Those Kittens!!

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
PETA is pretty creative.....http://www.newsday.com/features/food/ny-peta-seakittens,0,3462193.storyPETA, the group behind the "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" campaign, has a new target -- fish eaters. In attempt to pressure consumers with guilt, the group wants fish to be rebranded as "sea kittens."According to "Sea Kitten Facts" on its Web site, fish feel pain and affection, they enjoy being petted and they communicate with one another. "Who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?"The sea kitten campaign Web site, which targets children with cartoon-like illustrations and under-the-sea sound effects, includes a petition to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to "stop promoting the hunting of sea kittens" (4,263 signatures as of this writing), bedtime stories (What keeps sea kittens up at night?) and the sale of sea kitten merchandise. Kids can even design their own sea kitten, name it, attire it with a princess dress and tiara and e-mail it to friends.

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

pat b revealed on msnbc this morning
    that he was awarded a "man of the year" type title from peta for his anti goose liver pate stance

who knew ?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    PETA is pretty creative ridiculous.....

• PETA almost makes me ashamed about being a vegetarian.

• PETA sometimes makes me ashamed that they are associated with being a vegetarian.

• Being a vegetarian is innumerably cooler than being a PETA member.

• If you're a PETA member, it minuses the cool points achieved by being a vegetarian so you might as well be eating mcDonalds five times a week.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    pan-seared sea kitten, mmmmmmmmm delicious!

• this is supposed to make me stop eating fish? I love fish. if kittens actually tasted like fish, I'd be eating kittens all over the fusking place.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    just be careful not to catch a piven.....

• Plants dont like to petted,stroked and talked to?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    our old warehouse was in the same industrial park as their dc headquarters
    (they kept their but ugly monkey torture ship sculpture float in the parking lot)
    &
    the ups driver confirmed that they really do hate humans

• just be careful not to catch a piven.....

im saying. im about to have sushi for the 2nd time this week too...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I would eat cat, if the circumstances presented themselves. Like if I was in Vietnam or something, sure. Crazy neighbor's house, not so much.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    IM GOING TO EAT SOME MOTHERFUCKING RIBS, MOTHERFUCKER.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    PETA almost makes me ashamed about being a HUMAN.

seriously, can you imagine what actual wild animals think of these idiots? F*ck Id love to see a bunch of PETAphiles dumbed in the wild and left to survive! Now that would be a great reality show....

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I would eat cat, if it was shaved and didn't smell too bad.