Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah shit is f*cking ILL. Looks like everyone got off okay though... I swear, as a dude who flys a lot, I would have never thought I would have seen a plane just floating there in the water like it was. Incredible. That pilot is a hero straight up.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Seriously this is blowing my mind. I cannot believe that shit went off so controlled like it did. People were just standing on the wings while it was floating in the river, and a bunch of ferries and boats just came and picked them up. AMAZING!

• I work off of 42nd St and have been hearing ambulances and fire trucks headed towards the river for a half hour. Hope everyone's ok.

• I swear, as a dude who flys a lot, I would have never thought I would have seen a plane just floating there in the water like it was. Incredible. That pilot is a hero straight up.

• US Airways sucks.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    How long before the first "AL QAEDA TRAINS CANADIAN GEESE" story hits the conspiracy theory sites?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Some dude from my company was on that exact same flight route yesterday and my good friend is scheduled to fly on that same flight tomorrow.

freaky-deaky.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    How long before the first "AL QAEDA TRAINS CANADIAN GEESE" story hits the conspiracy theory sites?

They didn't train them. They implanted tiny transmitters and used remote controls! Haha......

• Options
    Some dude from my company was on that exact same flight route yesterday and my good friend is scheduled to fly on that same flight tomorrow.

freaky-deaky.

If either of them were on the plane today, you'd know two people who NO MATTER WHAT can always tell a story that will top yours. I would like to be wherever these 151-153 people are partying tonight.

• Yes dudes I was there. It was extremely loud and scary
    It is realtime/twittered/soulstrutted here:

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1258236&page=0&fpart=3&vc=1

• Hell yeah. Buy the bar out, for real!~

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    THE PILOT'S NAME IS CHESSLEY B "SULLY" SULLENBERGER THE THIRD

http://safetyreliability.com/about_us

• US Airways sucks.

but apparently their pilots don't suck. what an amazing piece of flying.

• US Airways sucks.

but apparently their pilots don't suck. what an amazing piece of flying.

to say the very least!
    his credentials are insane!

http://safetyreliability.com/about_us

these people are so lucky he was at the helm, jesus! it sounds like he is an authority on the planet for air safety and a brilliant pilot. this was obviously the culmination of a lifetime of career passion and devotion and expertise. real hero. do they make em like that anymore?

• NOT SHOOK

• NOT SHOOK

THIS NEEDS TO BE A GRAEMLIN. STAT!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Danville! (My wife's hometown). Dude is also a 'visiting scholar at the University of California at Berkeley???s Center for Catastrophic Risk Management."

Apropos!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    HAHAH SO ILL AND SO NOT SHOOK!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

It's not "the third," it's Chessley B "Sully" Sullenberger...ill[/b].

Sully!

• a friend of mine lives just there so he took these...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Wow. Incredible!

I bet there were some fish that were like "Whoa! How did we end up up here?!"

Incredible. So they're trying to find a way to pull the plane out of the river?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Slightly tweaked, but I think I should have left in the crossed arms for attitude:

• Options
    a friend of mine lives just there so he took these...

That big fireboat right next to the plane on the right side, I was on it two months ago at a party to spread someone's ashes by the statue of liberty. The plane landed maybe 20 blocks from where it docks. They couldn't have put the plane down in a better spot, the amount and proximity of police and fireboats are ridiculous...not to mention the ferries that were all over.

My girlfriend is an air traffic controller for one of NYC's airports, she told me last night that birdstrikes happen a lot, the last one she had was a couple weeks ago.

By the way, if anyone knows any young folks who are kinda drifting and looking for a job, tell them to look into air traffic control. They are hiring like crazy, as long as they can handle a little stress and pass a few tests.

• By the way, if anyone knows any young folks who are kinda drifting and looking for a job, tell them to look into air traffic control. They are hiring like crazy, as long as they can handle a little stress and pass a few tests.

A little stress?

Air traffic control is ranked 2nd below police officer among the most stressful jobs! i.e. it ain't all good!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Sween PMS!

thanks

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    a friend of mine lives just there so he took these...

strangely beautiful, almost doesn't seem out of place