Postal Money Order Question

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I bought an item off of a site that is similar to ebay. After checking out it said to send a m.o. to the lady and gave her address. So I did. I get an email from her the next day stating I must western union her the cash, I told her I already sent a m.o. She replied that she has moved and will not receive it. Sounds mad She explained she hasn't updated her info on that site nor will receive any mail sent to her old address. So at this point I just want my money back period and Im gonna call it a day. So what exactly happens with my yet to be delivered m.o.? Hopefully if she is not fibbing it will be sent back but I think its a huge scam they way it's being handled. I sent a u.s. postal m.o. with delivery confirmation that is still in transit. I tried to cancel the m.o. today and they said there is nothing I can do! I thought an m.o. was a safe way to send money and be protected but it's not looking good.

Comments

• You can do a money order trace. If it has been cashed they'll send you a copy of the MO with the signature, if it has not been cashed they send you a check. Only problem is an MO trace can take up to two months.

• I've cashed money orders with just the stub before, but that was a while ago (7-8 years?).