Rep your thrift store...

ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
What are some of your favorite local thrift stores for records. mines would be.Salvation Army9444 E. Firestone Blvd.Downey, CA 90241Salvation Army12908 E. BaileyWhittier, CA 90601Salvation Army2050 W La Habra BlvdLa Habra, CA 90631Goodwill12827 Pioneer Blvd.Norwalk, CA 90650D&H ThriftSomewhere on W La Habra BlvdLa Habra, CA 90631D&H ThriftSomewhere on RosecransNorwalk, CA 90650and a few others but these are the closest ones.

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Salvation Army
    9444 E. Firestone Blvd.
    Downey, CA 90241

SAYIN'..you actually found stuff in there?

• Why don't I just give you the keys to my car, map in glove compartment in tow?

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    Ya just twice. I go in there with hopes but rarely come up on anything. Found a nice gospel LP on a Stax label that was cool.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Ox to the Fam baby, HURRRGH!!

• oxnardcoreoxnardcore 141 Posts
    People always trip out on the name of this one:

Retarded Citizens Thrift Store
    Oxnard Blvd.
    Oxnard, CA

...and yes they occasionally have some heat... its where i found my soul searchers and dyke and the blazers 45s.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    ebay

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    "Het Goed"

thats right; with a hard ggg as in ggggrolsch.

• "Het Goed"

thats right; with a hard ggg as in ggggrolsch.

yeah, those are nice, have been to the one in nijmegen back when visitig soulific.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    man, I recently discovered a real undercover thrift/fleamarket located in the basement under a laundry, Ive been there a couple of times now, thing is nobody knows this place cause you cant get in from the outside, its a private laundry so the door keeps getting locked and theres no flyers posters or signs out front that says fleamarket... the sellers are old ladies that just hangs out smoking cigarettes drinking coffey chilling out basically,... anyway, with some difficulty I got in, while diggin through the crates one of the oldladies asked me if I could spread the word about their fleamarket cause business was kinda slow, I said yeah but was thinking maybe they should try unlocking the door so people could actually get in, I havent told my boys about this place yet, its kinda cool having my own little secret thrift spot...and they got records!

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    http://www.hetgoed.nl/panorama/panorama.html

better cop that glenn miller heat before it's gone dude!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    http://www.halfpricebooks.com/

vinyl fridays, wooooah.

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    I'VE RAIDED ALL SALVATION ARMYS IN JERSEY EXCEPT THE ONE IN ATLANTIC CITY,SERIAL DIGGER,WHO WORKS BY THE INTERNET

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Salvation Army
    9444 E. Firestone Blvd.
    Downey, CA 90241

SAYIN'..you actually found stuff in there?

I found decent stuff there while dog-sitting for my friends.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I won't say a word about DC area thrifts (no records in DC) but I've had good luck in thrifts in Richmond, VA, Trenton, NJ, San Francisco, Chula Vista, CA, Cleveland, OH, Atlanta, GA, New York, NY, Hollywood, CA, Long Beach, CA, Baltimore, MD, Raleigh.NC, and your home town.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Why don't I just give you the keys to my car, map in glove compartment in tow?

Let me suggest that if you're towing your glove compartment there may be something wrong with your car or your understanding of how it's supposed to work. Just saying...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    one of favorite thrift shops gots a dude out in the parking lot selling Mango's and water.

walked out of there last week with a Cross and Switchblade OST, Dazz band and some produce

• in Amsterdam..Usually i just drop of records i dont need at this place. I hardly ever find anythingn for myself, dopest record i found here is a VG- copy of David Axelrod - earth rot and a mint copy of Kleeer - intimate connection UK12"

• Across the street from the Battered Womens' Thrift Store. No joke.