Reggie Watts worth Checking..

DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Has anyone seen Reggie Watts live? Is it a must see show? He is coming to Mullumbimby Feb 1st..Is he Soul Strut Approved?

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Dude can sing and play, his bands can get into tepid funk territory at times.
    He has also branched off into comedy aswell, and I heard he's pretty funny although
    I've never seen that part of his act.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    He has also branched off into comedy aswell, and I heard he's pretty funny although

Last year he did a residency with his current band at my old venue. He's primarily a comedian/performance artist with 8 octave range or some shit. His band, Tippy Toes is modern dirty disco, nothing remotely tepid about it. His solo act will be more comedy/performance art, but check for a vinyl release from the band in the next few months.

• Thanks for the info I think i will definately check him out..

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    His band, Tippy Toes is modern dirty disco, nothing remotely tepid about it.

Holy shit, my wife's ca. 1993 High School twee punk band was called Tippy Toes.

I enjoy Reggie Watts on Conan but I haven't sought him out in any other venues.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    DOR said:

Yo - so this guy has been around for a bit but Id never heard of him till I saw this clip and it absolutely FLOORED me

This is a fantastic skit - couldnt find anything as good by him on the tube - a must peep

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    Funny seeing this thread reemerge but it was an awesome show 2 years ago. Reggie had been given a few dope cookies before he went on and was hilarious and is on some levels a musical genius. Go and see him do his solo show if you can

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    SportCasual said:

Last year he did a residency with his current band at my old venue. He's primarily a comedian/performance artist with 8 octave range or some shit. His band, Tippy Toes is modern dirty disco, nothing remotely tepid about it. His solo act will be more comedy/performance art, but check for a vinyl release from the band in the next few months.

did that vinyl release ever come out?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    that video is cool but dam dude's band Maktub was beyond lame.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Grandfather said:

LOL, 2 years on... I hate to be that guy but I was round at a band members house the other week and he was playing me some stuff that was nearly done, plus an old NYC downtown producer dude who I can't remember the name of is coming out with some new old material and they are collaborating on that.

The reason for the delay is most of the band either played for Herc and Love Affair or LCD and you know how that work$....

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    Grandfather said:

LOL, 2 years on... I hate to be that guy but I was round at a band members house the other week and he was playing me some stuff that was nearly done, plus an old NYC downtown producer dude who I can't remember the name of is coming out with some new old material and they are collaborating on that.

The reason for the delay is most of the band either played for Herc and Love Affair or LCD and you know how that work$....

awesome story dude

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    You are welcome, new guy

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    You are welcome, new guy

new guy i am not at all. sorry though. highly drunk right now