Pumpkin Drums?

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
What do any of you folks recommend of Pumpkin's? I know some of his stuff tangentially, just from hearing music, but I'm not so familiar with his material. In fact I would appreciate recommendations on any drummers from the early days of hip hop.

Comments

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i thought this was about jimmy chamberlain

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    There was a compilation floating aroundseveral years back, name alludes me ATM, but it was bascially a collection of Profile songs that Pumpkin had played drums on... had a picture of him on the cover.....

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Didn't Pumpkin play the drums on "New Rap Language" and a bunch of those old school joints?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Didn't Pumpkin play the drums on "New Rap Language" and a bunch of those old school joints?

he was the house drummer on all the Enjoy stuff IIRC...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Mid School

I dont know who the hell this is.

Good fusion of Drumming & Drum Machine.

• Check the Fantasy Three 12"s.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Yep. Right 12" wrong song. Even tho theres a break in NRL, you knew what I meant.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I was just reading this subject heading again and got a mental image of a full drum set made of pumkins.... maybe for a Halloween jam session?

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i'm pretty sure one of my friends has a pumpkin lp. its him playing with a bass player or something. i think it was maybe on tuffcity?hmmm

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    also, don't forget: