Gary, Peabody

BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Dude, I picked this up for a buck today at the flea market to see what the hype was about! Now, I like me some bluegrass and the banjo, but the album did not impress, Eddie did. Do you need this album? Does Soul Strut need to know what this sounds like?

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Yeah, this was before the bluegrass revival. 5-string banjos are bluegrass and hillbilly. Eddie played the 4-string, which was the popular type of the day, strictly for pop and jazz stylings....

so you are saying that while you were impressed with eddy's playing the album as a whole did not impress you?

also, if you upload this shit I'll paypal you your dollar back!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I would settle for a tracklist. I need some new songs to learn....

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Why don't you just send me 5 bucks via paypal, and you can have the real thing mailed to you. I'll get the setlist to you later. I remember he does the "Saints Come Marching Home", an easy play. Alabama Jubilee is another one.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    OK.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I changed my mind. How bout I just paypal you 6 dollars are you rip it for me and then you can throw it away or do whatever you want with it. I'm just interested the music.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Ok.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    oooh, will DL when I get home....!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    oooh, will DL when I get home....!

Good, because I will be mailing mine to Mylatency, anything you want me to include in the letter to him?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I have nothing.

I live in a wasteland of smashed banjo records and intact bananas.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    GOTDAMN that man can play.

I'm glad I downloaded that shit.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    GOTDAMN that man can play.

I'm glad I downloaded that shit.

Your lucky cus' I found another one today but passed it up.