sunday mornin listening

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
feelin' kinda rough after the psych party shingaling and I DJ'd last night...too many beers, stayin' up til 5am with clearly insane females...so as soon as I got to the shop , threw my man Django on and he is making everything better...whatcha listenin to on this hot-ass Sunday?

Comments

• Young Holt Unlimited Soulful Strut.

And, it's crazy hot here in Chicago.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    I'm kind of in an upbeat mood this morning:

T.S. Monk - "Can't keep my hands to myself"

Usual Sunday tunes are of the reggae type.

• Options

Thank you Good Records, located on 3rd St.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

great one!!! also the one of the illest covers of all time...Reid Miles was a genius

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    most definately. that era of Blue Note spawned some of the greatest cover art.

I'm actually listening to that Gal Costa above right now. Such a great album.
    I remember you putting that thing on at the Wreck and just playing the whole thing out. Took me about two years to finally get a copy!

bidness is slow today...everyone staying inside in the A/C prolly(only tourists have been in today)...hot as mugg out there today..so I am bumpin' Scorpions "Robot Man" as loud as it will go....soundin good

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    The store's busy. Someone just sold us their Wire, Slits, Swell Maps, John Zorn and Throbbing Gristle LPs. The humidity is tolerable for a change and we're grooving to this:

The store's busy. Someone just sold us their Wire, Slits, Swell Maps, John Zorn and Throbbing Gristle LPs. The humidity is tolerable for a change and we're grooving to this:

"bananiera" is my fave brazilian funk track of all time...I can listen to that song a hundred times in a row.

p.s.plaese to send "Pink Flag" to memphis plaese

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

bought for .50 yesterday and its worth every penny

• awallawall 673 Posts

bought for .50 yesterday and its worth every penny

the white dude looks like kevin mcdonald from kids in the hall.

regarding sunday listening:

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

"bananiera" is my fave brazilian funk track of all time...I can listen to that song a hundred times in a row.

word! i need a copy of that!! is the whole record good? shit i be happy with a 45. my boy ben had a mixtape like ten years ago with bananeira, the ill joao donato off quem y quem, and that pretty louis gasca song off collage.had me open, but unfortunately i never delved deep into brazilian musica. tripledouble= herb

• cheebahazecheebahaze 235 Posts

Secret Rhythms.
    For very early sunday morning listening......

For Breakfast......

Then.....

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

Thanks to Rape Honkeys for finding me a copy. Dude's voice is otherworldly as always.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts

word! i need a copy of that!! is the whole record good? shit i be happy with a 45. my boy ben had a mixtape like ten years ago with bananeira, the ill joao donato off quem y quem, and that pretty louis gasca song off collage.had me open, but unfortunately i never delved deep into brazilian musica. tripledouble= herb

Whole record has some moments....

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The Daisy Chain "straight or lame"

I am still trying to feel this whole record...some killer tracks, but I dont know why it is a $1000 joint.