Local stuff(TV Related)

ageage 1,131 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
A couple of local things I used to look forwad to seeing as a youth.Mainly Charley & Humpries or any of the "Bits & Pieces" PSA'SWhat were some of yours?!?!?This is what we grew up with around these parts,Be interesting to see what ya'll grew up with "You're going to need lots of glue!!!"Charley & Humphrey - Borrowing Without Asking

Comments

• OH SHIT!!!!! Flashback. IM BUGGIN! What was that old cat they had?

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    That be Pussyfooy.
    Another Pat McCormick great!!!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    wow. straight awesome.

i just spent the last 10 minutes watching all of them along with those kofy tv 20 dog station id's!

how did you find these age? i barely remembered the names of the puppets. haha

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Yeah, The wife and I got excitied that they brought the dogs back. Kofy is coming back with that old format. During the weekend , they had A marathon of "Dance Party USA".The wife and I were bugging off of it cause they Started to Play "The Stripper" song and they started to take off their shirts and all that..it was bugged.

Charlie and Humphrey were house hold names in the family. Same with Buster and Me,Pussyfoot,Romper Room,Lancelot Link, Alphabet Soup and countless of other shows.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Wow, so glad they finally got those PSAs up on youtube???I went nuts looking for these about 10 years ago.

In other Bay Area TV nostalgia news, I just saw on KTVU that Creature Feature host Bob Wilkins passed away yesterday. Actually, Creature Features was a bit intense for me when it was on, I was young enough to be scared witless by the Ed Wood movies he would sometimes show. On the other hand, I have fond memories of spending afternoons watching Ultraman serials on the Capt. Cosmic show.

ah,

I will go pay my respects in the appropriate thread.

• I feel like I've seen that "Glue, I need glue" one about a million times.

Buster and Me! That is one of those shows that I remember bits of and then I have to ask myself if it was real or not. It was so long ago that I forgot the names and I couldn't really think of how to describe it.

Remember the KTVU PSA's about family togetherness and shit like that. Cultural pride. "Hi, I'm Tina and I'm and Italian American." I couldn't find them on youtube, but I did find this:

how awesome is KTVU. Elaine Corral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I wish I could have seen this when it went on live.

Ed Barbara-Furniture USA

Apparently,it was an in-house joke commercial, until a vindictive employee came around and passed this along to them.

Ha ha, that's awesome.

Speaking of Bay Area ads, I had the Denevi Camera jingle stuck in my head the other day.

Dublin Berkeley San Lorenzo Cupertino San Jose

youtube is blessing and a curse.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    YES!!!!!!!!!!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I actually posted this in a thread of its' own a while back, thought I'd repost...ad for a Chicago car dealership, ca. 1982:

thought I'd repost...ad for a Chicago car dealership, ca. 1982:

Well worth reposting, thanks!

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    thought I'd repost...ad for a Chicago car dealership, ca. 1982:

Well worth reposting, thanks!

For real..thank you!!!!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

This played on Houston Tv from the 80's to the mid 90's. I hear this jingle in my nightmares sometimes.

Long Chevrolet - Chicago, 1978:

chitown horror host, 1982: