Creature Feature:Bob Wilkins Rest In Peace

ageage 1,131 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Just got word he passed away yesterday.An on going battle with Alzheimer'sA Big Bummer and May you Rest In Peace.For those who don't know what I'm going on about.Bob Wilkins was the First Host for the Bay Area Version of Creature Feature. This was a show that aired in most Major Metropolitan and Surrounding areas.A show that I grew up with and looked forward to on the weekends. (That and "Kung Fu Theatre")If it was not for both Bob and John Stanley, I would not know the horror films that I know of today. Thank you both!And thank you Bob, for the wealth of information and for the memories as well!Rest In Peace and like you used to say"Watch Horror Films,Keep America Strong!"or"Don't Stay Up Late,It's Not Worth It"I partially blame them for my insomnia Creature Feature Opening Theme

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Creater Features along with Captain Cosmic were two of the seminal events when I was a kid growing up in the Bay Area. I got into Godzilla and Ultraman because of that man. Completely ironic because I've read several times he didn't care much for the genre of films he was showing.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Yeah, I heard the same thing. John Stanley was more of the Fanatic if anything.

You ever see the horror film ,Nightmare in Blood he made? Was filmed pretty much in the Bay/East Bay Area.

Was horrible... but at the same time..I embrace.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    The Bay Area nerd community owes a lot to Bob Wilkins, I think I might pick up a copy of that Best Of DVD. RIP.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    The Bay Area nerd community owes a lot to Bob Wilkins
    I could not agree more

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'd heard of Creature Feature, but only nominally. Man, I missed out. This looks great. And that theme!