Sample Question???

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Hey,I'm listening to the "Sureshot" (Remix) by The Beastie Boys (Large Pro on the beat) and I couldn't think of where the bassline sample comes from (same loop as "No Flow on the Rodeo" by King Just). I know but I just gotta know. Good lookin' out, in advance.

Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts

damn! i haven't heard that song in a while.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Can anyone name the sample (bassline) used for the above two joints? Thanks!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• sorry stacks...
    i can barely even here a basline in there
    probly cause my laptops got booty speakers

i was wondering about the moogy thing in the background of this...i heard it on "3 sinister syllables", which btw is a ridiculous sample tape

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    sorry stacks...

i was wondering about the moogy thing in the background of this...i heard it on "3 sinister syllables", which btw is a ridiculous sample tape

Do you mean the "Headless Heroes" part by Eugene McDaniels, or something else?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• sorry stacks...

Me too, I cant hear a bassline for sh*t on my laptop. But I would think
    "booty" speakers would knock!

Tony,
    I think that moogy business is moog machine "aquarius"

• ps. I've always liked the get it together rmx w/ the grand funk bassline.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i thought the large pro remix was young-holt unlimited "the creeper" from the mellow dreamin lp. correct me if im wrong!

i thought the large pro remix was young-holt unlimited "the creeper" from the mellow dreamin lp. correct me if im wrong!

Good lookin', bruh!!! I knew it was something familiar. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• sorry stacks...

I DONE TOLD YOU THE ANSWER TO THAT IN THIS THREAD :
    http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post1257215

• i thought the large pro remix was young-holt unlimited "the creeper" from the mellow dreamin lp. correct me if im wrong!

maybe. I dunno, I don't have a large pro rmx of get it together. He did a Sure Shot one tho...

The grand funk one I'm talmbout is the A.B.A. remix.

• NONONONO

like i said its Age of Aquarius by Moog Machine

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    we is talkin' about the "sure shot" remix. not "get it together"

• NONONONO

like i said its Age of Aquarius by Moog Machine

Tony,
    I think that moogy business is moog machine "aquarius"

• we is talkin' about the "sure shot" remix. not "get it together"

oh yeah, my bad