Boogie finds + edits (mp3) + Tokyo event

MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Thought I'd combine three threads I was planning into one, starting with accumulated boogie finds since I arrived here in Japan about 10 months ago.The 12"s are Gayle Adams' "Love Fever" and Cheri's "Murphy's Law/Star Struck".The Wynd Chymes is a japanese pressing which I had no idea existed.The 12"s are Kano's "I'm Ready", McKinley Jackson's "Love Overture" and Change's "Glow of Love".Hi-Gloss is a japanese pressing of their S/T.Next up are a few edits I've made these last few months. All direct-download.Blue Magic - Clean Up Your Act (Arni Kristjansson Re-edit) Con Funk Shun - If You're In Need Of Love (Arni Kristjansson Re-edit) Cloud One - Doin' It All Night Long (Arni Kristjansson Re-edit)Lastly, for all you Tokyo peoples on here, I am doing a boogie/disco/funk party next Sunday (Jan 11) at Koara (www.koara-tokyo.com) in Shibuya. Please stop by if you get the chance, it starts at 22:00 but the day after is a holiday so an all-nighter is very much possible.

Comments

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Thank you!

These edits are killin it!

• HamHam 872 Posts
    "i've got your number" on that rockie robins record is

• Very nice edits! Thanks!

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    thanks for the heads up....might see you in shibuya.

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    thanks for putting those up!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thanks for putting those up!

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Those edits are dope. Shame you weren't doing anything when i was in Shibuya earlier in the year.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    What's good with the local japanese boogie records? Have fun Sunday night.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Thanks all.

About local boogie, I've only just started looking into it. Have heard a few things but the only thing I've bought has been Tatsuro Yamashita.

• Thanks all.

About local boogie, I've only just started looking into it. Have heard a few things but the only thing I've bought has been Tatsuro Yamashita.

I NEED TO GO TO JAHPON!!!

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts

This is my favorite track nowadays:

I NEED TO GO TO JAHPON!!!

Thank You. That's what I'm talking about. I can dance and laugh at the same time.