My Audio-less MacBook...

SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Sorry to bug you folks but am brand new to the mac game (and am also technologically challenged) AND have seen a couple similar posts here you've been helpful.....so here goes...the comp is less than a month old and have noticed the sound cuts in and out. only listened to music in itunes at this stage or checked out the odd video (no pron). oh, and right this moment a red light is darting out the left side of the computer ....um, any of this sound familiar or do i just have the worst luck ever with this stuff?? any assistance would be super!! ta.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Time for one of these:

In your face, BATMON

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    With the red light, it sounds like optical audio out is enabled. By in and out, do you for long periods or intermittently?

• Oooo, ooo, thanks heaps cashless.......& jrl ........working on it now!!
    I was turning on and off for long periods of time.....off for longer periods than on. then i'd shut down the program or whatever and maybe an hour or something later it'd be back on again.....anyway, will finish reading what you linked!!
    thanks again!!

• Holy mother....wish i read that thread b4 i made the purchase.....so many problems....i thought mac's were relatively problem free. anyway- sound is working fine now, so will wait til it cuts out again then fiddle with the tooth pick!! oh yeah!haha!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i thought mac's were relatively problem free.

Comparatively speaking, they are, but as with anything, your mileage may vary...

• i thought mac's were relatively problem free.

Comparatively speaking, they are, but as with anything, your mileage may vary...

Macs have a slightly lower failure rate than other laptops. But like all portable computers, have a relatively high failure rate - around 25%. This is just due to cramming so many components in a small space, and then carrying it around.

If you just bought it, you have a warranty. Some good advice would be to go to an apple store and tell them this is essential to resolve. They will help you out as long as you're within the 1-year warranty (or 3 if you have applecare).