Paging day dstill808: Strut Music in the Club

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
So I played in San Jose last night (big up DJ Goldenchyld) and since I knew they'd have some CDJ-800s, I burned two tracks to CDR: My remix of Leela James "Music" and DJ Still Life's (dstill808) perfect remix of Snoop's "Signs" (ask him about it). Both of them worked well, especially Still Life's joint. People lost their minds.I mixed out of that right into Day's "What Planet What Station" and minds continued to be blown. It felt good to play music by Strutters in the club, is all I'm sayin'. So thanks, Dudes.

Comments

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    So I played in San Jose last night (big up DJ Goldenchyld) and since I knew they'd have some CDJ-800s, I burned two tracks to CDR: My remix of Leela James "Music" and DJ Still Life's (dstill808) perfect remix of Snoop's "Signs" (ask him about it). Both of them worked well, especially Still Life's joint. People lost their minds.

I mixed out of that right into Day's "What Planet What Station" and minds continued to be blown.

It felt good to play music by Strutters in the club, is all I'm sayin'. So thanks, Dudes.

*cough* What you coudn't drop my remixes of Sugar Walls, Culo, and Set It Off?

How was the gig BTW?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    It felt good to call Strutters looking for parking near the club, is all I'm sayin'.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

*cough* What, you coudn't drop into my Sugar Walls, Culo, and Set It Off?

whoa

Is an "AYO" even neccesary?

Thanks Mr. Hogg, glad to be of soarbeece.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

How was the gig BTW?

Come on, Dude. I was breakin' my CDJ cherry. I'm surprised I could "do it" twice in one night.

The gig was very dope. At one point, a guy came up to me and said the following:

Homie, all I got is one dollar, but I'll give it to you if you play this song. If you play "Just In Case" by Jahiem, I'll get laid tonight." [/b]

I told him I didn't have it, but that I had faith in him to close the deal anyway.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Homie, all I got is one dollar, but I'll give it to you if you play this song. If you play "Just In Case" by Jahiem, I'll get laid tonight." [/b]

I told him I didn't have it, but that I had faith in him to close the deal anyway.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

How was the gig BTW?

Come on, Dude. I was breakin' my CDJ cherry. I'm surprised I could "do it" twice in one night.

The gig was very dope. At one point, a guy came up to me and said the following:

Good you had a dope gig. My Marina gig consisted of a lot of broads asking for some retarded requests ("but it's my birthday and all my friends are dancing, YOU HAVE TO PLAY ABBA" or "Do you have that Mariah Carrey song that is slow but they made it all fast, I Know you HAVE it" and can you "play some mac dre" while Dredio was fucking playing and "that Keek Da Sneek song" while Super Hyphy was ending.

P.S. I was followed to my car buy two drunk frat boys talking shit. I don't why but I always get fucked by frat dudes, NO ONE ELSE.

P.S. I was followed to my car buy two drunk frat boys talking shit. I don't why but I always get fucked by frat dudes, NO ONE ELSE.

I didn't even change that.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

AY- !

Yeah, I reread that twice in the original post to make sure I wasn't omitting a word or something...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    NO ONE ELSE.

NO ONE ELSE.

NO ONE ELSE.

NO ONE ELSE.

NO ONE ELSE.

NO ONE ELSE.

NO ONE ELSE.

[Missed Connections]

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    Good Looking, man, glad that shit worked out. Was that at Agenda? Cool spot.
    Man, people ain't ready for that "Music" joint. The vocals sound so at home on the beat folks don't even take the time to think about it being a remix.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Man, people ain't ready for that "Music" joint. The vocals sound so at home on the beat folks don't even take the time to think about it being a remix.

I'm giving the Philly premier of the "Music" remix tomorrow. It's my shit.

And S******, I've been playing that "Signs" remix heavily for the past month or so and it gets an AMAZING reaction every time. Great work.

I actually play a lot of my fellow Strutters' music in the clubs.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

And S******, I've been playing that "Signs" remix heavily for the past month or so and it gets an AMAZING reaction every time. Great work.

How can I be down?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

AY- !

Yeah, I reread that twice in the original post to make sure I wasn't omitting a word or something...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    At one point, a guy came up to me and said the following:

Homie, all I got is one dollar, but I'll give it to you if you play this song. If you play "Just In Case" by Jahiem, I'll get laid tonight."

hey R*ss that???s crazy ??? that same guy was at my gig tonight. he had on a izod shirt right? He said, ???You???re playing awesome music. I???m drunk and I???m dancing with this girl and I???ve got a boner. I???m trying to fuck her and the only thing standing between me putting my dick in her pussy is you. You gotta play something we can grind to, but subtle, like maybe hmmmm some Ja Rule.???

True story! Cosmo played it at the Spin Magazine party on Thursday I reacted with amazement. Can I live?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    NO ONE ELSE.

NO ONE ELSE.

NO ONE ELSE.

NO ONE ELSE.

NO ONE ELSE.

NO ONE ELSE.

NO ONE ELSE.

[Missed Connections]

Young Freudian Slip is strangely silent.

Will he be able to bounce back from this one, or will he opt to simply retire "disckjockingmost" and "Young Phonics" and return as an alias?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

props dstill, glad you're getting that shine

now y'all just have to hear his sik mixes!!!

PS: plaese to PM me a URL so I can hear said "Music"

cheers!

PPS: tell deepbrnt to send me his NYC record wishlist, lol.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Aww shit... wish I knew you were gonna be down in my area, I would have made it out for sure. I played that spot with GC once... good night and as open minded as San Jose gets as far as I know.

What Planet What Station is quite possibly my favorite DJ produced track. Well done Day! Totally works in the club... I usually mix it in from Someday We'll have a Better World. Freaks people out it's so good.

DJ Ferrari

PS: plaese to PM me a URL so I can hear said "Music"

My remix of Leela James "Music"

• PS: plaese to PM me a URL as well so I can hear said "Music"

PS: plaese to PM me a URL as well so I can hear said "Music"

No PMs necessary! The link is in my first post: http://www.italselection.com/sounds/leela_gaye_music.mp3

• Options
    How can I hear your remix of "Music"?

I think you have to PM a moderator.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I think you have to PM a moderator.

LOL !!