RANT here

AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Some people are all the time, others just when they're sleeping.I am at the parents' house for the holidays. My father snores so loudly and mumbles in his sleep and it sounds like he's got his left lung stuck in his throat. My mom has slept on the couch for years. Sad.My roommate does not hear the sound of her own cell phone which she sets to ring at ungodly hours. If I don't have class until noon, I don't feel the need hear the snooze ringtone every five minutes from 5 to 6 am. I start my days by screaming the words "YOUR PHONE!"When I lived in a dorm, I had a roommate who would occasionally talk in her sleep and ask me questions, but you couldn't understand what she was saying. The next day she'd have no recollection and make a me look the fool by saying "I don't know what you're talking about," in front of the cool kids.No one has ever complained about my sleeping habits, so I am fairly certain I don't have any unpleasant ones, which justifies my above complaints.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

My roommate does not hear the sound of her own cell phone which she sets to ring at ungodly hours. If I don't have class until noon, I don't feel the need hear the snooze ringtone every five minutes from 5 to 6 am. I start my days by screaming the words "YOUR PHONE!"

This is me. I am NOT a morning wake-up person. Fortunately I live alone but it's pissed off every ladyfriend that has stayed beyond their call of booty.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Ha ha so true. I had an old room mate who would start work a good two hours earlier than everyone else in the house. Her alarm would also wake up everyone else in the house except for her and her stoner boyfriend. Most mornings someone would have to bang on her door to wake her up and get her to switch her damn alarm off.

• My roommate does not hear the sound of her own cell phone which she sets to ring at ungodly hours. If I don't have class until noon, I don't feel the need hear the snooze ringtone every five minutes from 5 to 6 am. I start my days by screaming the words "YOUR PHONE!"

This is me. I am NOT a morning wake-up person.

so mexican right now.

happy new years btw.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    We all have flaws! My GF will leave dirty dishes in the sink or food on the stove. Shit makes me mad and that is why I live by myself. I will never get married!

• I will never get married!

famous last words

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Damn, I'm being targeted here. Unfortunately I speak and mumble a lot when asleep from what I've been told. I just really hope no one has ever understood anything I say or think...

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    We all have flaws! My GF will leave dirty dishes in the sink or food on the stove. Shit makes me mad and that is why I live by myself. I will never get married!

Oh, yeah, the dishes. I live in a house of 5 girls and we all left for university break. Most of them left the kitchen a fusking mess for the 3 week break. Me and Nova put in some good elbow grease and cleaned that shit (literally). You'd think girls would be cleaner than guys, but they pile their trash unto the floor, ignoring the flies, instead of making the 30 second journey to the dumpster.

My dad mumbles, talks a lot in his sleep. Sounds like he's in pain, having a bad dream, old man in a nursing home sounds, etc. The other day he said he asked for a blanket a couple times and no one came to gave him one. How am I supposed to distinguish between real talk and bedtime mumbles? He made it sound like I left him there to suffer.

• We all have flaws! My GF will leave dirty dishes in the sink or food on the stove. Shit makes me mad and that is why I live by myself. I will never get married!

Oh, yeah, the dishes. I live in a house of 5 girls and we all left for university break. Most of them left the kitchen a fusking mess for the 3 week break. Me and Nova put in some good elbow grease and cleaned that shit (literally). You'd think girls would be cleaner than guys, but they pile their trash unto the floor, ignoring the flies, instead of making the 30 second journey to the dumpster.

I live with two people, one guy, one girl. The girl is by far the messiest. I've lived with them for two and a half years now, and it's weird to see how things have developed. I feel I can't really moan too much about cleanliness, since I used to be well messy, but its like me and the girl have traded places cleanliness-wise.

She just leaves all her dishes in a pile, with fried egg remnants and soupstains for AGES, and in the end its up to one of us boys to clean it all out, since we ALSO need to use the pots and pans. Cleaning dried up f*cking porridge is the last thing I want to do after working at the university until 8!

We tried to talk to her about it, but she just compares our house to all the other absolute shithole student-houses around town, and we can't really say anything since our house IS a lot nicer than most others but come on, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER WOMAN!

Last easter I ended up having to clean up the entire house, after they left in an absolute state of disgusting chaos. I went away to Sweden for a bit, and they left while I was gone. I come back to a bag of week old party leftovers piled up in the entry, no power so it's f*cking freezing, rotting omelette debris in the sink, a mouldy bathroom +++. I was f*cking steaming, but we sorted it out I guess.

I just wish for some consideration, like why don't we just all do it together, quick and easy, maybe with some disco blasting in the background?

I snore in my sleep. It's usually pretty bad if I've been drinking and drugging. GF gives me a soft kick and I quit. She mumbles and has a cute snore so I guess we even each other out.

• I haven't set an alarm clock in years, I automatically wake up when I want to. Usually at 6:45 through the week. I am an extremely light sleeper that wakes up at the slightest sound. Snorers and ringtoners most definitely get the gas face!

I live with two people, one guy, one girl. The girl is by far the messiest. I've lived with them for two and a half years now, and it's weird to see how things have developed. I feel I can't really moan too much about cleanliness, since I used to be well messy, but its like me and the girl have traded places cleanliness-wise.

She just leaves all her dishes in a pile, with fried egg remnants and soupstains for AGES, and in the end its up to one of us boys to clean it all out, since we ALSO need to use the pots and pans. Cleaning dried up f*cking porridge is the last thing I want to do after working at the university until 8!

Living with friends is great, until you learn about their cleaning habits, or specifically, lack thereof. I am one of those people who finds the same release in cleaning as some do in yoga or smoking pot.

• I had a female roommate in college and she would never take out the garbage. She would make garbage towers, like it was a competition to see how high it could get before it had to be taken out. She would never wash the dishes. There was rotten meat hiding under some dishes one time. The dishes were there for weeks. I hate that girl.

This guy who was our roommate for a year was such a slob. I hated him too. He went on vacation for 2 weeks and he had used up all of the bowls in the house before he left. He stacked them up and put them in the sink before he left. I took them and put them all back in his room. Asshole.

I can overlook the messiness if the person is cool, but a messy asshole is not a good look. There's a location for someone.

• ha. im pickin' up what you're layin down. marriage-worst idea EvEr!

• marriage is great.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I hope the dozen or so pigs who ruined New Years for myself and over 100 other people, AND cost my friends $1000s of dollars in the process (and counting) get some major and proper comeuppance.

To quote the man himself, Alton Ellis: How long must the wicked reign?

• I had the same shit happen in college with roommates and dirty dishes... Eventually I threw away all of the dishes and kept one single bowl, plate, cup, etc. for my self and wrote my name on them with paint marker, problem solved.

I had the same shit happen in college with roommates and dirty dishes... Eventually I threw away all of the dishes and kept one single bowl, plate, cup, etc. for my self and wrote my name on them with paint marker, problem solved.

good idea. i know someone who stacks her roommate's dirty dishes in her bedroom when she does not wash them for long periods. but then the roommate had piles of dishes in her bedroom which she still did not wash.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    people like that should get caned

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

i know someone who stacks her roommate's dirty dishes in her bedroom when she does not wash them for long periods. but then the roommate had piles of dishes in her bedroom which she still did not wash.

Yeah, this was going to be my suggestion for people complaining about this
    stuff. When I used to have multiple roommates who refused to clean their dishes,
    I would eventually just stack them on their bed. 9 times out of 10 they would
    get cleaned immediately.

• Living with friends is great, until you learn about their cleaning habits, or specifically, lack thereof. I am one of those people who finds the same release in cleaning as some do in yoga or smoking pot.

My personal opinion is ALL domestic chores go better with disco.

I actually would not trade my housemates for anyone else, the good bits far outweigh any messiness. Cue more RANTS.

- J

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I shared with 3 other students for 4 years. Best idea is as suggested above; have your own bowl, plate, cuttlery and just wash your own. If it helps, you can recant the scene from Trading Places where Eddie Murphy is introduced to his new appartment:

"So this is Billy Ray's vase, right?"

My worst habit is apparently leaving bits of toothpaste in the sink.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Oh, the wife also tells me I snore and fart at apocalyptic levels when asleep.

YOU MUST DEAL.

I am taking the GRE tomorrow so I asked my brother if I could borrow the car to go back to my parent's house (nearest testing center is closer there than it is to my university).

Him: I've already got plans and need the car.
    Me: The GRE is more important.
    Him: I'm sorry; I'll give you $50 to make up for it.
    Me: The test cost $140!

So my mom had to drive to my apartment to pick me up and will basically have to take the day off of work tomorrow because the mofo had "plans."

I sent him a message that said "YOU GYPPED ME MOFO" with an angry emoticon. The turd didn't even reply.

• My father snores so loudly and mumbles in his sleep and it sounds like he's got his left lung stuck in his throat. My mom has slept on the couch for years. Sad.

Tell moms to use earplugs. My gf snores so loudly that they're a necessity for me.

But luckily I don't have to worry about that anymore - she dumped me today to "work on herself." No Oaxacan food for the Verocai get-together ya'll.

So I guess that's my rant. But I'm employed at a great job I just started this past Monday, my Indian club night is in two weeks, and I'm single in Los Angeles. I can only complain so much.

My father snores so loudly and mumbles in his sleep and it sounds like he's got his left lung stuck in his throat. My mom has slept on the couch for years. Sad.

Tell moms to use earplugs. My gf snores so loudly that they're a necessity for me.

But luckily I don't have to worry about that anymore - she dumped me today to "work on herself." No Oaxacan food for the Verocai get-together ya'll.

So I guess that's my rant. But I'm employed at a great job I just started this past Monday, my Indian club night is in two weeks, and I'm single in Los Angeles. I can only complain so much.

Too bad about the break-up, but you've got to keep those records spinning! The club night will be an excellent way to distract you and to meet new people. Just think about how wonderful it will be to not have to wear earplugs to bed!

• I haven't set an alarm clock in years, I automatically wake up when I want to. Usually at 6:45 through the week. I am an extremely light sleeper that wakes up at the slightest sound. Snorers and ringtoners most definitely get the gas face!

Same here. I usually set an alarm clock just to be safe but I can't remember the last time I heard it go off.

• But luckily I don't have to worry about that anymore - she dumped me today to "work on herself."

Sorry to hear that, Marco.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    My girlfriend???s parents are

We both are in between apartments right now, going to get one soon.

Here???s how it goes:

I sleep over at her house nearly every night. Her parents have always been like this. They are up way late, they talk extremely loud and laugh as loud as they can, walk/stomp throughout the house so its very loud, they have the tv or music up extremely loud that you can hear it quite perfectly almost anywhere in the house. The kids can???t stand it, my girlfriend has had to deal with this growing up. They are inconsiderate to everyone else and think just because its their house that no one else matters, even their kids.

Her dad snores very loudly at night. I wake up before everyone to go to work. The parent???s alarm clock goes off at 5:45 AM and continues to every 15 minutes until 7:00 AM. They are so lazy, both roll out of bed and go to work at 7:30. But, they???ve got a construction business so its not like theyre trying to look all nice.

Her mom thinks she is all sexy. She is nasty! Flabby skin hanging out of her skin tight clothes and the dad just eats it all up. Her mom is jealous, compulsive QVC spender.

Her dad talks like he is mentally challenged on purpose 24/7 and talks like a little kid to everyone and is mushy-mushy to everyone. WTF Act normal for once.

I could go on and on about her parents/family. I???ve got a little anger this morning, didn???t get much sleep last night because of them. I can???t blame them though, it is their house. But, I would think you???d be more consider to your own kids who constantly ask to turn the volume down so they can sleep, concentrate on homework, and not be tired as hell the next day.

I can???t stand it when people treat your own belongings like crap. Like keep DVDs/records out of their cases in places where they are bound to get scratched. My old room mate would always do this, he ruined a ton of my stuff. He even spilled pop on a game system or dvd player that was way up by the TV, no idea how that happened. He was hella messy with food too. He???s spill pop/milk/juice/whatever every other day, leave dishes in the sink for weeks, make our apartment smell, etc. I didn???t really care that much about that, mostly just when he???d be super careless with my belongings.

• My girlfriend???s parents are

Here???s how it goes:

I sleep over at her house nearly every night. Her parents have always been like this. They are up way late, they talk extremely loud and laugh as loud as they can, walk/stomp throughout the house so its very loud, they have the tv or music up extremely loud that you can hear it quite perfectly almost anywhere in the house. The kids can???t stand it, my girlfriend has had to deal with this growing up. They are inconsiderate to everyone else and think just because its their house that no one else matters, even their kids.

Her dad snores very loudly at night. I wake up before everyone to go to work. The parent???s alarm clock goes off at 5:45 AM and continues to every 15 minutes until 7:00 AM. They are so lazy, both roll out of bed and go to work at 7:30. But, they???ve got a construction business so its not like theyre trying to look all nice.

Her mom thinks she is all sexy. She is nasty! Flabby skin hanging out of her skin tight clothes and the dad just eats it all up. Her mom is jealous, compulsive QVC spender.

Her dad talks like he is mentally challenged on purpose 24/7 and talks like a little kid to everyone and is mushy-mushy to everyone. WTF Act normal for once.

I could go on and on about her parents/family. I???ve got a little anger this morning, didn???t get much sleep last night because of them. I can???t blame them though, it is their house. But, I would think you???d be more consider to your own kids who constantly ask to turn the volume down so they can sleep, concentrate on homework, and not be tired as hell the next day.

I can???t stand it when people treat your own belongings like crap. Like keep DVDs/records out of their cases in places where they are bound to get scratched. My old room mate would always do this, he ruined a ton of my stuff. He even spilled pop on a game system or dvd player that was way up by the TV, no idea how that happened. He was hella messy with food too. He???s spill pop/milk/juice/whatever every other day, leave dishes in the sink for weeks, make our apartment smell, etc. I didn???t really care that much about that, mostly just when he???d be super careless with my belongings.

jesus, this sounds really toxic why are you living there some of the time?

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    My girlfriend???s parents are

Here???s how it goes:

jesus, this sounds really toxic why are you living there some of the time?

I???m not living there. I moved back in with my parents for a short time. The lady and I will be moving out in the next few months.

Seriously, I feel like I???m becoming stupid by being there. So wacked out. Between her mom yelling and being a crybaby, her dad talking like a little kid 24/7, and her sisters all talking at the same time, woooooooo. haha

Did I mention they own 7 dogs. I love dogs, but their house can be kinda cramped with 3 big St Bernards, and 4 Lab/Golden Retriever sized dogs that lay everywhere. Those are some nice dogs though, I like them the most.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I had an after party at my loft/place last Saturday. Some young F*ck was caught tagging up the hallway and my roommate confiscated his marker while the kid sheepishly apologized. He went on to spray paint up the front of the building and shit with his his shit friends.

We got a cleaning bill for 932$ in the morning. Mad pissed.

Luckily, I asked my graff friends who he was, and realized i have met him before. He lived with a girl i frequented for a while. She told me where his dad works, etc (yup). We've been in contact now. Kid is scared.
    Rightfully so. We can't really threaten him at the moment, because i really need the money first.

Needed to rant. Stress. Kid has officially blown up our spot for parties. Little fucker.

I want to spray paint his eyes shut.