Black Pulp Fiction

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I posted this in another thread but figured some of you that might dig this stuff might have missed it. About 10 years ago I started working on a project covering black pulp fiction from the 40s to the 80s but never finished. I revisited the scans recently, though, and posted them on a webpage for your enjoyment:http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/blackstreetfiction.htmlAnd a few begging for an Obama remix:My ultimate goal would be a book on the subject so if any you have any publishing connections, holler at me. I've got tons more books where those came from. Also PM me if you have some paperbacks like these that you'd be willing to sell.

Comments

• And one begging for a Kanye remix:

[/img]

This is a nice collection, Marco! All your finds?

• This is a nice collection, Marco! All your finds?

Yep and this is just scratching the surface. I collected pulp paperbacks of all sorts for many years and still pick them up if I happen to see them. But the black fiction books are ones that nobody seems to have really documented fully.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I have the Iceman #4 - "Sunday Fix" ... crazy shit!

Also have a nice OG of Chester Himes' "If He Hollers Let Him Go"
    which is an awesome, awesome book.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Marco,

Since you're in LA, you really should meet my friend Andy Zax. He's got a pretty huge pulp collection as well.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Alternate cover:

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I posted this in another thread but figured some of you that might dig this stuff might have missed it. About 10 years ago I started working on a project covering black pulp fiction from the 40s to the 80s but never finished. I revisited the scans recently, though, and posted them on a webpage for your enjoyment:

http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/blackstreetfiction.html

And a few begging for an Obama remix:

My ultimate goal would be a book on the subject so if any you have any publishing connections, holler at me. I've got tons more books where those came from. Also PM me if you have some paperbacks like these that you'd be willing to sell.

Marco, this is great! I regularly scope for these myself, and have amassed a bunch, but nothing like this! I will keep an eye out for any doubles I may find in the field (or in the stacks here at home) and be in touch. I would love to see a book about this genre, so keep pushing on that end.