Star Wars Holiday Special

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I'd forgotten the amazing guest star roster on this Lucas-buried chestnut. Truly mind-melting.Here's the complete show:PART 1http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmr8x_the-star-wars-holiday-special1_funPART 2http://www.dailymotion.com/hansonataint/video/xmru2_the-star-wars-holiday-special2_fun

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    For real, one of the weirdest things ever.

The entire Wookie sequences spoken in...Wookie.

• For real, one of the weirdest things ever.

Easily summed up in one phrase

"Starring Bea Arthur as the bartender at Mos Eisley cantina."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Boba Fett's first appearence.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    For real, one of the weirdest things ever.

Easily summed up in one phrase

"Starring Bea Arthur as the bartender at Mos Eisley cantina."

• i bought the bootleg dvd at my neighborhood record store about 6 or 7 years ago. Carrie Fisher freaks me out in the credits, like "Hi i'm Princess Leia...more sleeping pills please..."

the box had a quote from George Lucas "If I had the time and a hammer, i'd find every copy and smash it to bits." Which sounds about right. The whole time i watched it for the first time i was like how the F did this get the green light, especially with the principal cast? it's brutal. i've always thought that this was the perfect simulation for people who don't mess with drugs or drank to show exactly what The Dark Place??? is like because it's takes disturbing to a wtf the level and kinda makes you want to take a bath or jump out of a window. I never feel the urge to watch it, but I like having it to prove that it exists

• there used to be an AMAZING funny/horrid 5 minute condensed version of this special on youtube. but i cant seem to find it. it cuts out all the boring stuff and goes right for the truly surreal and terrible moments. and it was still quite easy to follow the story (which says a lot about it hehe) ...that Leia song at the end is one of the 20th century's worst products hands down.