The Spirit = Sucks Big Timerz

MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Just took part of my only day off this Holiday season to watch a movie "The Spirit". And boy did it suck ballz. Do not waist whatever time you have on this huge piece of crap. This is coming from a noir, hard-boiled & comic fan. I wish I would have seen the Benjamin Button movie.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dag.

Have u read The Spitit Comic?

• Dag.

Have u read The Spitit[/b] Comic?

b/w

This movie's been getting horrible reviews everywhere. I'm not one to trust reviews, just sayin'...

• Yes, I have. And it still sucked.

OOF...

Im kinda mad that they recycled the Sin City style for this. I thought that style was specifically created to duplicate Frank Miller's visual language.

• Yes, you should be. Down to the Converse!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Damn. As a big-time Spirit/Will Eisner fan, I was really looking forward to this.

What sucks about it?

Please don't say "everything" ... I'm curious what makes it so bad.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    but miller 'owns' that style so he can make another movie with it.altho i doo agree it's a waste of it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yo Batmon, we came out of the same draft class, huh?

I just noticed your stats are way up on mine, though.

• What I've come to realize is that movies that have little to no promotion are usually bad and the studio knows the movie will flop.

• Damn. As a big-time Spirit/Will Eisner fan, I was really looking forward to this.

What sucks about it?

Please don't say "everything" ... I'm curious what makes it so bad.

There were some good scenes, I think I laughed once, but I just kept thinking this sucks. This Sucks. This sucks. And that to me, means a lot. The Sin City vibe actually bothered me. The internal dialog narrative was hard to hear. It just wasn't funny enough or hard enough or a combination of both. It seemed to have a chemistry problem. Nothing worked. It was poorly executed. A lot like an "Art Film". Go see it. Let me know.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Eva Mendes is so smoking hot.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I don't like her elbows

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    to me, the appeal of the Spirit comic is the art/ illustration, the storylines are pretty un-interesting

I heard they got rid of the Spirits Sambo-esque sidekick Ebony too

understandable, but why even bother?